Mulberry Scale Kits CASA 2.111 B/D Conversion sets in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144 - Released

fightersweep

Hi!

Not sure if this has been posted before (I did try a search first)

I don't have any experience with this brand, but the announcement of a CASA 2.111 B/D conversion set in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144 from Mulberry Scale Kits certainly got my attention. Apparently the release date is for sometime later this summer. Rather excited about this and I feel a buying spree of ICM He 111s coming on. Seems they have an eBay shop and a Facebook page for those that use it.

53008040350_602e9e84cb_c.jpg

53007823179_7a05bb31f0_c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Is this a Pedro then?

Any Info on markings

I think it is a Pedro. Very glad to see this. I wonder what kit it is specifically made for. Hopefully the excellent ICM kit. Not sure if it comes with markings, but it has to be either Spanish Air Force or Battle of Britain movie once built.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, exdraken said:

Definitely interested in 1/48 for the ICM kit!

:thumbsup:

Is this a Pedro then?

Any Info on markings

X....

No it is not.

This is a Pedro.

The name was given by the spanish to early version of the Heinkel He 111 because the Heinkel He 111 B,E and F were tested during the spanish civil war.

2acfgs.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

No it is not.

This is a Pedro.

The name was given by the spanish to early version of the Heinkel He 111 because the Heinkel He 111 B,E and F were tested during the spanish civil war.

That was always my thinking, but on a Google search, I was surprised at how many references there was to the "CASA 2.111 Pedro" so became a bit unsure.

Love the early Heinkel 111 versions. If only someone would bring us some in 1/48. I'd love a Lufthansa He 111C in that scale. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to make do with the Roden 1/72 kit!

Really looking forward to this CASA 2.111 conversion though.

• Like 3

i

3 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

No it is not.

This is a Pedro.

I do not know, really

but most refrerences state that all Heinkels (111) were called Pedros...

https://www.hispaviacion.es/amerizaje-forzoso-con-un-heinkel-111-pedro/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

but most refrerences state that all Heinkels (111) were called Pedros...

Books? Or websites (that scrape/copy-paste each others content) that are not always properly timestamped ?

See, the advantage with books is you can tell when it was written & published - which is not something that's quite as consistently done online.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Books? Or websites (that scrape/copy-paste each others content) that are not always properly timestamped ?

See, the advantage with books is you can tell when it was written & published - which is not something that's quite as consistently done online.

yeah :)

if you have them.... I do not

from WIkipedia

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASA_2.111

Ávila, Gonzalo; Yanez, Roberto. CASA 2.111, Serie "alas españolas" N.º AE111 ISBN 84-95493-11-X

Ávila, Cruz, Gonzalo. Homegrown 'Pedros': Spanish-Built Heinkel He 111s: Part One-Jumo Variant. Air Enthusiast, No. 90, November/December 2000, pp. 48–53. Stamford, UK:Key Publishing. ISSN 0143-5450.

Ávila, Cruz, Gonzalo. Homegrown 'Pedros': Spanish-Built Heinkel He 111s: Part Two-Merlin Variant. Air Enthusiast, No. 91, January/February 2001, pp. 8–18. Stamford, UK:Key Publishing. ISSN 0143-5450.

Even Flypast magazine were calling CASA 2.111s Pedros, so I'm just as confused

https://www.key.aero/article/pilot-report-getting-know-pedro

I'll be honest, I always thought the early versions were Pedros too.

2 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Not on the website yet.

Not yet, but it's plastered all over their Facebook page for a late summer release. Hopefully, it will appear on the website soon as not everyone uses or even likes Facebook.

11 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Even Flypast magazine were calling CASA 2.111s Pedros, so I'm just as confused

https://www.key.aero/article/pilot-report-getting-know-pedro

I'll be honest, I always thought the early versions were Pedros too.

Flypast went through a phase of referring to the SR-71 as "hudu" until someone wrote in to correct it (hudu is RAF slang for a hose drum unit; the SR-71's nickname is 'habu'.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• fightersweep changed the title to Mulberry Scale Kits CASA 2.111 B/D Conversion sets in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144

Mulberry Scale Models CASA 2.111 conversions now released. 1/144 16 Euros, 1/72 35 Euros and 1/48 62 Euros. No price on the 1/32 version yet. Details here for 1/48;

Complete conversion set in 3D printed resin for the 1/48 ICM Heinkel He 111 H (any version form H-1 to H-20) to Spanish-made version C.A.S.A. C 2.111 B, C or D. in 1/48 Scale.

This Version of the He 111 that is well known for the model used in films like Battle of Britain or Patton.

Direct sell price 62€.

to buy it you can:

Contact directly in private messenger here or on my email

[email protected]

If you prefer Ebay look for it in my Ebay Store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/mulberryscalekits

Follow all my news on:

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/antony.mulberrys/

YOUTUBE ; @MULBERRYSCALEKITS

53049155021_eba2dddf31_z.jpg

Cheers;

Steve

• Thanks 2

• fightersweep changed the title to Mulberry Scale Kits CASA 2.111 B/D Conversion sets in 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144 - Released
  • 3 weeks later...

Received my order today (ordered on July 16th)

Nicely printed parts, quite complete conversion : engine nacelles with detailed radiator face and hollow interior, six propeller blades, spinners, very delicate exhausts en other parts.

Vacuformed nose turret and dorsal gun position  with sharp frames detail. No instructions or decals.

Well worth it.

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MarcB said:

Received my order today (ordered on July 16th)

Nicely printed parts, quite complete conversion : engine nacelles with detailed radiator face and hollow interior, six propeller blades, spinners, very delicate exhausts en other parts.

Vacuformed nose turret and dorsal gun position  with sharp frames detail. No instructions or decals.

Well worth it.

Haven't ordered my set yet, but good to hear that the conversion sounds well done. Decals would have been nice, especially for BoB movie schemes. I guess the general markings and codes are easy enough, it's those pesky fictional unit markings. Come to think of it, I'm surprised that no after market decal outfit has done a BoB movie sheet. I know there was one for a movie Spit IX, but I'm picturing one that has the unit badges etc in different scales for the Luftwaffe side of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

with them doing Rolls Royce Merlin 500-29 do you think thay would do a conversion for a Buchon in the future ?

May I suggest THIS for the Buchon. SBS are top drawer quality and very nice people if there's a problem. They have another boxing with BoB film markings.

I'm coming up empty on decals though so I hope that Mulberry have something planned. SBS have done some Spanish AF stuff and there's always Series Españolas who may help us out.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, SleeperService said:

May I suggest THIS for the Buchon. SBS are top drawer quality and very nice people if there's a problem. They have another boxing with BoB film markings.

I'm coming up empty on decals though so I hope that Mulberry have something planned. SBS have done some Spanish AF stuff and there's always Series Españolas who may help us out.

There is also LF models that have done many Spanish planes:

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Spain&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=2

Ju-88, He-112, .....

But no He-111 or Casa 2111 yet...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Didn't Blue Rider do some Spanish He-111 decals in 1/72 and 1/48? Can't remember if they were for Jumo or Merlin engined aircraft though.

🇺🇦

Thank You! I've been racking my brain trying to remember THIS SET covered both types but only in 1/72 :(

• Like 2

Months ago I found this manufacturer on facebook and tried buying the kit to convert the Me 262 bomber.

I was surprised by the quality and details of the pieces, all 3D printed.

Now I have bought a good batch of their models including the CASA and it is perfect.

All kits are highly detailed with fine detail lines and rivets. It is a very prolific manufacturer that is offering two or three novelties every month.

It's really too bad Homebee never reports it in "The Rumourmonger" section. Perhaps this manufacturer is not in their commercial game.

When the holidays give me a break, I will publish some finished models.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Claes said:

It's really too bad Homebee never reports it in "The Rumourmonger" section. Perhaps this manufacturer is not in their commercial game.

Not sure what you try to say but I think you've misunderstood something. 

This section provides information about (future) releases and is not for product reviews. Homebee is just a member (albeit a very prolific one) who posts these info he collects from various sources like homepages, social media, etc. But neither does he buy all these items nor does he review them. 

Items get reviewed in the Review Section of the forum when manufacturers send BM free review samples or review staff buys them themselves from their own money. This has nothing to do with not being 'in their commercial game'. It is simply not possible that way to review each and every item that gets released. If a manufacturer wants his stuff to be reviewed on BM he is free to send a sample of his work. 

Otherwise, if you have bought this set feel free to share your impression and some pictures here. It will be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

I expect to see mention of forthcoming kits in the Rumourmonger, rather than accessories, but maybe not.  However, this company appears to be worthy of a mention but not to the extent shown - there is a specific section for manufacturers and this is where Fightersweep's advert belongs.

7 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I expect to see mention of forthcoming kits in the Rumourmonger, rather than accessories, but maybe not.  However, this company appears to be worthy of a mention but not to the extent shown - there is a specific section for manufacturers and this is where Fightersweep's advert belongs.

Well, it was pre-release when I originally posted. Thought that was ok as a lot of what is in this forum is pre release news as opposed to rumours proper.

• Like 1