Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

580 Excellent

About Shorty84

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Vienna, Austria

Recent Profile Visitors

1,542 profile views
  1. Hi Marklo, your build has really come a long way. It is really inspiring to see how it comes together, made from nothing else than plastic card and a lot of determination. Can't wait to see how the engines turn out. Cheers Markus
  2. Hi Werner, seems you are on the home stretch with your build. Just be careful not to let it fly while taking some "air to air" shots Cheers Markus
  3. One of the first modifications I had to do was on the fuselage. From various photos and looking at the surviving second prototype it became clear that the fuselage sides were flat and not rounded as on the kit. So out came again the coarse sandpaper and a lot of elbow grease later both fuselage sides were flattened. Due to the hard plastic this was not an easy operation and my arm really hurt afterwards. The Air Force Legends book contains a set of scale plans and as I was interested how the kit compared to them, I scanned and printed them in 1/48. Considering its vintage, th
  4. Hi all, I think you've all guessed it by now based on my absence from this thread for months, but this build will not be finished within this GB. To be completely honest, I really wasn't in the mood to do much modelling during the last months. Let's call it "Covid-fratigue" or "Covid blues" which caused me to lose motivation for almost everything since Christmas. We are in various forms of Lockdown here since November and the cold weather, no sun, coupled with the fact that everydays routine is the same for months now (sleeping, working, eating) has really drawn a lot of energy. I'
  5. Hi Werner, I've ordered 2 times from them (Dec. 2020 and this January) and I'm a very satisfied customer now. Shipping costs depends on which delivery option is selected. In my case I chose the fastest (TNT) which cost me around 17 Euro. Therefore I tried to spread it over a bigger order and got my package always within 2 days to Austria. Ilias (the owner) is a really helpful guy and provides exceptional service. For example, while my second order was processed, one Item went out of stock (Metallic Details Mi-24 exhausts) and he got in contact with the manufacturer
  6. Hi Werner, your paint job came out really great. It really suits the lines of the "Zipper", conveying a sense of speed. Nice Cheers Markus
  7. Oh wow, that's a shape only a mother could love. Seems the Brits have a thing for "distinctive" AEW birds (Nimrod AEW.3 anyone?) Very ambitious project and it will be interesting to see how it takes shape. Cheers Markus
  8. Well, due to staying at home for most of the time I took the chance to buy a few things I wanted for a long time. In November last year I decided to treat myself with some books. As Brexit was near and the VAT chaos already looming I decided it was a good time to order some books from Britain. First purchase where a few titles from Helion which cover some lesser known conflicts. They had their Black Friday sale too at the time, so in the end 17 different titles went into the basket. Then I treated myself with this for my Birthday. This book covers the develop
  9. Oh nice, another opportunity to expand my Austrian collection: https://www.gotech.at/vampire_dh115.htm
  10. As much as I would like to have a C-1 in 1/72 the price is a bit too much for me
  11. Hi @equenda, don't know which 3-views you are using but these are maybe the best plans for the VVA-14/14M1P you'll find: http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw2/vva14aiv.html Cheers Markus
  12. Hi @mackem01, no expert in militaria but it looks like you have an KS 98 bayonet made by Alcoso Solingen. Seems it has deer horn grips (more common were materials like wood or bakelite) so maybe it was used as part of a parade uniform: http://originalwwiiarmy.com/rare-ww2-german-army-ks98-parade-bayonet-scabbard-frog-alcoso-solingen Cheers Markus
  13. Agree with all what was said above. The ICM MiG-3 is a typical early kit from them (means sometimes a bit overengineered) and Trumpeter is for sure the easier build. But you are maybe interested that Trumpeters' rendition of the Radiator is undersize: Vector and DMold Cheers Markus
  14. Nice. A really elegant design like so many racing aircraft just before WW2, masterfully built Cheers Markus
  15. Hi Werner, nice start on your Starfighter. The new generation of Kinetic kits is much better in terms of fit and detail, so building should be a breeze. I had the kit in hand at my LHS and had a hard time putting it back on the shelf And great choice of markings. I'm normally not a big fan of anniversary paintjobs (Norm 83 would be my choice) but your chosen livery looks great. Cheers Markus
  • Create New...