Threshold Aero Abingdon Airshow Evening Photoshoot May 2023

With thanks to Threshold Aero and the various crews for organising the evening shoot last Friday, before the show on Saturday.

The star attractions for me were the Hercules and Lynx.

Here are a few of my favourites from a pleasant and relaxing event.

DSC_5746.jpg

DSC_5793.jpg

DSC_5820.jpg

DSC_5860.jpg

DSC_5879.jpg

DSC_5897.jpg

DSC_5906.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Images from the Air and Country Show to follow!

• Like 9

Another top quality set of images Leigh from a event I had planned to go to then forgot about :(  It's nice to see an RAF Herc making one of its last public outings and the golden evening light brings the photos to life.

Great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Mark

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Again thanks for posting these lovely photos- the Bronco is amazing.

Colim

Thanks for the kind words, Colin. I must confess the "other worldly" Bronco shot is my favourite! There were several Chipmunks on static display which I also caught on departure which I will try to post this evening!

11 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Another top quality set of images Leigh from a event I had planned to go to then forgot about :(  It's nice to see an RAF Herc making one of its last public outings and the golden evening light brings the photos to life.

Great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Mark

Thanks very much, Mark. Shame you weren't there because it was a pleasant and good-natured event.

I was very envious when my wife returned to our spot on the crowdline during the show on Saturday and proudly announced that she sat in the co-pilot's seat of the Hercules!

I captured some nice images of the C-130 and C-17 departing after the show and reflected that I would probably never see an airborne RAF Hercules again...😪

The Herc looks fab, thanks for posting. The rest aren’t too shabby either. Shame I live North of the Tyne now (in an aviation sense) as these events are a little too far away

SD

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

The Herc looks fab, thanks for posting. The rest aren’t too shabby either. Shame I live North of the Tyne now (in an aviation sense) as these events are a little too far away

SD

Thanks for the kind words, SD. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them. It was some distance for me to travel just for the Friday evening, so my wife and I decided to make a weekend of it by going to the air show on Saturday and Blenheim Palace on Sunday. 

Hopefully, you will be able to visit Flying Legends (if you're not at RIAT).

• Like 1

Great pictures, I was there at both the dusk shoot and the following days show (although with small kids in tow on the Saturday so couldn’t take my camera for that one). First time I’ve done the evening shoot (I’m only 15mins from the airfield) and it was a good event, nice to see the engines running, particularly the lynx and bronco.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

Great pictures, I was there at both the dusk shoot and the following days show (although with small kids in tow on the Saturday so couldn’t take my camera for that one). First time I’ve done the evening shoot (I’m only 15mins from the airfield) and it was a good event, nice to see the engines running, particularly the lynx and bronco.

Thanks very much, Bigfoot. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the shots. It was my second Threshold night shoot at Abingdon, but my first time ar the Air and Country Show the following day.

My wife and I really enjoyed the show - the downside is that we had to stay in a hotel because of the distance from home!

• 2 weeks later...