Czech mates - 38(t) STGB Chat

Marklo

Sorry Marklo, so busy doing other projects that this passed me by. Got myself a kit sorted, the popular Tamiya Marder, and will set up a thread soon. Currently started another project but I will jump in anyway.👍

• Like 3

I'll be a bit late joining as I'm building a 1/16 Renault FT in the Go Large Or Go Home GB. I've got the Tamiya 38(t) and a Dragon with full interior in the stash, but will probably go with the quick Tamiya build. I'm not a big fan of link and length tracks, so might do a bit of shopping...

• Like 4

IMG-2693.jpg
I found this on the inter web……. 

Yes it’s an amphibious 38(t)!!!!

I just have to build one of these but not in 1/24th either 1/72 or 1/48 I think.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

IMG-2705.jpg
scaled to 1/48 and 1/72 now I’m torn the 1/48 is a nice size but I have no 1/48 AFVs. The 1/72 is still a nice size and a bit easier on shelf space, hmmm. I shall mull it over overnight and start cutting plastic tomorrow…..

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh well I’ve done it again. 11 days left and I’m way behind all of my proposed builds. Health and home other projects have seriously curtailed my bench time.

Today being a perfect example where I spent about three hours re-recording editing and remastering some vocals having estimated it would take 5 minutes…

Realistically I’ll get the Schwimmpanzer done but the three scratche builds are not going to get anywhere in the time available.

Realistically I’ll get the schwimmpanzer finished but the three other builds are dicey to say the least.

Now if anyone was interested in a two week extension I’d make a decent stab at getting one of  big 38(t)s built in that time.

So that said I’d like to throw out the proposal to extend the GB to October 15 and I promise I’ll be good.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 8:49 PM, Marklo said:

Oh well I’ve done it again. 11 days left and I’m way behind all of my proposed builds. Health and home other projects have seriously curtailed my bench time.

Today being a perfect example where I spent about three hours re-recording editing and remastering some vocals having estimated it would take 5 minutes…

Realistically I’ll get the Schwimmpanzer done but the three scratche builds are not going to get anywhere in the time available.

Realistically I’ll get the schwimmpanzer finished but the three other builds are dicey to say the least.

Now if anyone was interested in a two week extension I’d make a decent stab at getting one of  big 38(t)s built in that time.

So that said I’d like to throw out the proposal to extend the GB to October 15 and I promise I’ll be good.

I mean, I've never turned down an offer of an extension. At the moment I'm trying to even get a handle of where I am on the various GBs that I'm in after the debacle of completely loosing the kit I was building for the classic Japan GB!

13 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Hello?   Yes?

Ok so it’s twice then :) 

Ok @Enzo the Magnificent could you extend the GB to October 15 and I promise I’ll be good.

Right aside from housework and collecting a new bass guitar today and tomorrow are now designated modelling days :) 

Edited by Marklo