Yak-38M Soviet Navy

Dear friends.I present you my latest finished model.The Oldschool Tsokuda/Revell Yak-38M.I have upgraded the cockpit myself because the kit offers just a blank space and something resembling an ejection seat.The Kit assembly is pretty good for a kit this old.I painted the kit in Tamiya and Gunze acyrlics.I used the great begemot decals sheet for this striking camo.It is supposed to be an experimental camo used at the end of the 80s.I even found color photos of the 1:1 aircraft in this camo.I varnished the kit with my trusty valejo acrylic matt varnish.I have also made a full video build that I uploaded on my YT channel and if you want you can watch it on the link bellow.

Regards,Dragan

M8yNEfD.jpg

4qVsHpb.jpg

tHwfqml.jpg

X4l2DbG.jpg

IKWGxCR.jpg

5xTflCf.jpg

Hbt5nLM.jpg

nAbtHcT.jpg

N1GEBqU.jpg

jnIHV4t.jpg

0Lahrz6.jpg

• Like 35

Nicely finished model and paint scheme. I have to say of all Soviet aircraft this one looks like it shouldn't have been able to fly with wings so small. I literally watched a YouTube channel called Megaprojects yesterday about this aircraft and its proposed successor and the influence it had on the F-35 I'd recommend it If interested.

• Thanks 1

Great job Dragan! But there was no Soviet aircraft in such camouflage. This board belonged to Captain Korobov from the tactical aircraft carrier NOVOROSSIYSK.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

@Igkent here is a photo of the actual ac in Soviet navy Markings

spacer.png

And here it is after the breakup of the SSSR and in some Ukraine depot and Ukraine AF markings

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by dragan_mig31

I really like what you have done here and particularly the scheme you chose.  This looks like it would be quite a bit of work to pull it off but yours looks flawless.  I have the 1:48 kit and have put it off as I am not that keen on the blue green scheme they offer so I think I have to go in search now of something more worthy.  Yours is a good inspiration to do so.  Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1