Airfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HC4

Afternoon all,

Bringing my completions for the year to 25, a subject very close to my heart, the mighty Junglie Sea King. Airfix conveniently supply markings for 'WT' which just so happens to be the cab recently restored to flying condition by Historic Helicopters. I added the Eduard interior etch to ring the cockpit and cabin to life, as well as replacing the the poor intake filter with a resin replacement from Air Graphic. I also used their resin replacement for the cabin step, although this might not have been all that necessary. Paints were Hataka Orange Line as ever, with weathering kept to a minimum, the cab has definitely had a wash since I last saw her in service! Had a slight blip with the decals surrounding the cockpit windows in that one lifted with the tape, thoroughly annoying. I may choose to try and touch it up with paint at some point, but for now I'm calling it done.

50733400192_0a9f727dcc_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HC4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50733400247_b48b8aaf06_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HC4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50733298906_6f0db96633_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HC4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50733298871_e961eeac61_o.jpgAirfix 1/72 Westland Sea King HC4 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

This is possibly the last for the year, though I may squeeze one more in...

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as ever

Shaun

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous Jungly,...... a very clean Jungly,..... but gorgeous nevertheless and the green looks great. Flown in a few of these over the years. 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks all, much appreciated. I confess it is a little on the clean side, but she has had a good wash during her restoration, and images I've seen of her on recent test flights show there's not much more than some exhaust staining that has dirtied her up. Had the rear fuselage been riveted I might have added a wash to weather it some more, but without them I thought it might look a little odd and so played it safe!

Thanks again,

Shaun

17 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautiful, clean finish on this one!  I love it!  Out of which window did the GPMG normally point?

They didnt....gpmg and M3M (when fitted) stbd cabin door (big hole rhs).

Apparently there was a heath robinson job (Falklands)that put a gpmg on the port side aft bubble window but never seen it or pics or met anyone who had seen it.

That said some aircraft in AFG had a GPMG attached with an piece of italian gun mount (which used to crack (a lot) to the port passenger door ....I forgot about that sorry.

• Thanks 1

Hello Seamus,

Wow, what a high standard finish on this Sea King.

Museum craftmanship.👍

Regards, Orion

• Like 1