Hello from France

Zorglub

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to join your forum that I've been following for some time as a simple visitor.

I took up modeling again after a few years (too many): and, you know what?  I still love it!

My main interests are planes ( aviation ? ), and more particularly what has at least one engine (but it's not an exclusive interest).
 At the moment I'm more attracted to ( ex) "Soviet" models. 

As for the scale: 1/72 is my preference. I would try 1/144 later. 

I also like the 4 wheels in 1/24 ( but it's on break )

Although I learned English - or at least the basics - during my schooling, I'm not sure it will be enough, so I hope you will forgive me for my translation mistakes and the help of a translator (but not G's).

Thank you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Zorglub
  • Like 7

Thank you everybody.

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You're English is fine I understand the points and thoughts that you're trying to express. 

And thank you Dennis, i'll try to do my best in this langage ( some translators are helpfull to correcting me... and sometime they are worst or weird )

I see that there are many users coming from all over the world.🤩! Great!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zorglub said:

some translators are helpfull to correcting me... and sometime they are worst or weird )

I know what you mean. I have to use Google translate a lot, as I don't speak very much French (even though I have lived here for 15 years).

Anyway, welcome aboard from Dept.79.

John.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

:welcome:aboard mon ami. :) You're making yourself understood perfectly well with your various skills :yes:

Oh thank you for those words, and also for those words in French!  Thank you.
By chance: would you have learned French?

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I know what you mean. I have to use Google translate a lot, as I don't speak very much French (even though I have lived here for 15 years).

Anyway, welcome aboard from Dept.79.

John.

Thank you too.
A friend of mine gave me a much better translator than Google's: it's DeepL. It's far better for me:👍 

If you try it, may be your years in France will help you to compare

Edited by Zorglub
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Zorglub said:

My French is horrible - I have a French O level from when I was a boy, but other than a few sentences, I can't really speak it anymore.  It was 40 years ago, which is terrifying 😭

P.S. I got your email about changing your email.  I'll have a look at that and reply soon :)

Thanks everybody. 

i'm glad to be here.

On 10/09/2020 at 14:01, Mike said:
On 09/09/2020 at 21:32, Zorglub said:

My French is horrible - I have a French O level from when I was a boy, but other than a few sentences, I can't really speak it anymore.  It was 40 years ago, which is terrifying 😭

P.S. I got your email about changing your email.  I'll have a look at that and reply soon :) T

Thanks a lot.

Don't worry, I tried several times but I finally found a solution : I tried another e-mail address which worked immediately, the others never received anything ( neither in my mails, nor in the spam, nor in the junk, i don't understand why  )

I'm glad to be back now ( ...  words said by a newbie 🤪 )

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, Zorglub said:

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to join your forum that I've been following for some time as a simple visitor.

I took up modeling again after a few years (too many): and, you know what?  I still love it!

My main interests are planes ( aviation ? ), and more particularly what has at least one engine (but it's not an exclusive interest).
 At the moment I'm more attracted to ( ex) "Soviet" models. 

As for the scale: 1/72 is my preference. I would try 1/144 later. 

I also like the 4 wheels in 1/24 ( but it's on break )

Although I learned English - or at least the basics - during my schooling, I'm not sure it will be enough, so I hope you will forgive me for my translation mistakes and the help of a translator (but not G's).

Thank you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Welcome! You sound like my kind of modeller :)

Martin

48 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Welcome! You sound like my kind of modeller :)

Martin

Great!

you too are interested with the (ex and new ) red star jets ? 

I did have a US airplane period (and I'll probably do some more) but I got a click for the "eastern" airplanes, jets.

I have, among other things, started the transformation of a Su-27 into one of the Su-27M prototypes (ex-Su-35: sukhoi project named T10M). A lot of scratch was used for it (  there was maybe a better way to do it )
But I must admit that I am far from having the know-how and the success that I have seen here on Britmodeller.

i want to progress and do better, and more better etc...

Edited by Zorglub
  • Like 1