As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - DH.82a Tiger Moth by Airfix - released - SBS rigging wires

SBS Model - ref. SBS48063 - de Havilland DH.82A Tiger Moth rigging wire set for Airfix kit 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3006379566049084&id=117380071615729

New stainless steel etched bracing wire set!

https://sbsmodel.com/model/SBS-48063/de-havilland-dh-82-tiger-moth-rigging-wire-set-for-airfix

91077197-3006378876049153-55839146754787

V.P.

I don;t use a lot of etched stuff but that looks like a good value set that will save a lot of time and reduce opportunity for mistakes

Interesting ‘upgrade’.... I’m building my first at the moment and very impressed. The fuselage strake jig is very clever and works well and lots of parts are a push fit. 

if I were starting from scratch again I would look to hollow out 

the two rectangular depressions behind each seat as they should be open and wire up the engine.also an inverted U shape thin piece of plasticard behind the seat would help make the seams flush easier than filling.

the etch instrument panels wouldn’t be better than the kit ones IMHO (which have individual instrument decals anyway -the P11 compass housings just need painting grey not black) 

The seatbelts are a useful addition though I’m not sure the seat is required- equally not sure what some of the other bits are for... 

Be interested to see if the wheel masks fit over the DH logo hubs...

TT

On 4/6/2020 at 4:01 AM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Interesting ‘upgrade’.... I’m building my first at the moment and very impressed. The fuselage strake jig is very clever and works well and lots of parts are a push fit. 

if I were starting from scratch again I would look to hollow out 

the two rectangular depressions behind each seat as they should be open and wire up the engine.also an inverted U shape thin piece of plasticard behind the seat would help make the seams flush easier than filling.

the etch instrument panels wouldn’t be better than the kit ones IMHO (which have individual instrument decals anyway -the P11 compass housings just need painting grey not black) 

The seatbelts are a useful addition though I’m not sure the seat is required- equally not sure what some of the other bits are for... 

Be interested to see if the wheel masks fit over the DH logo hubs...

TT

Looks to me like there might be a bit of fuel tank in there?

Yep could be but the kit one is fine! 

as I progress with my build the more impressed I am but fit is very precise and doesn’t reward the cack handed )ie me) apart from the fuselage (Which did have some gaps) you could put the rest together with just superglue 

TT

Edited by TEXANTOMCAT