Hellcat quartet.

On 10/04/2017 at 19:01, Beard said:

Nice work, I particularly like the pale blue (?) one.

The Hobbyboss kits look pretty good from where I'm sitting. I think I might get a few to use up decals in the Eduard FAA double boxing.

Well you get what you pay for, they are just over a fiver each and build well and look the part,great for using up all the decal's lying around!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Well you get what you pay for, they are just over a fiver each and build well and look the part,great for using up all the decal's lying around!

I'll be getting a few.

The Eduard night fighter looks particularly splendid, the decals have gone on really nicely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great project Steve and coming along really speedily and well! :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great Easter Weekend!

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix and to you too:D

58 minutes ago, rob85 said:

Really nice work Steve, all look great! I do like the look of that frenchie mind, I have the italieri (?) boxing with the same set of transfers, may need to did that out

Rob

Cheers Rob that's the kit they came from,I was a little disappointed with the light gray scheme but the wash has really brought the

panel lines to life and shes looking much less toy like.

Hi Steve,

apologies for loosing track of your factory floor over the last several days.

You haven't sat on your hands, that's for sure and the gruesome foursome is looking smashing!

I like the French one best, but I am very slightly biased.

Great work!

JR

PS: what happened to the D 520?

• Like 1

Hi Steve!!

This type of kits look nice and fairly easy for a quick project of any aircraft!!!

I have bought Both of the Sabres,  F-84G, a MS 406, and if possible the Hellcat as this bird has many nice versions to do. Currently I am looking for the Italeri to get the FAA decals to use them in an allblue scheme as the one I have watched in the FAA Museum, and plan to make an Aeronavale and AdlAir in Vietnam version too,  and  some USN aircraft. 

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

4 hours ago, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Steve!!

This type of kits look nice and fairly easy for a quick project of any aircraft!!!

I have bought Both of the Sabres,  F-84G, a MS 406, and if possible the Hellcat as this bird has many nice versions to do. Currently I am looking for the Italeri to get the FAA decals to use them in an allblue scheme as the one I have watched in the FAA Museum, and plan to make an Aeronavale and AdlAir in Vietnam version too,  and  some USN aircraft. 

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Hi Luis,the Sabres I have not seen but the F-84 is a beauty,I built the MS 406 which again is very nice shame there was not a French

option in the box.I,m at the primer stage of the Mig 15 which builds well too!

• Like 1

Morning folk's I,ve been fitting the last few items to the various kit's and finishing of some detail painting,I put a wash into the panel lines

of the early USN aircraft which has dried well and just break's up the scheme,a bit of exhaust staining next.

DSCN4923_zpsbutxq1h1.jpg

• Like 6

I like all of them Steve, but I really like the early USN one. Could I ask, what did you use for the blue/grey colour? I've a feeling it may apply to some early birdcage Corsairs too? I have an old Hasegawa one and have never known what colour to use :confused: .

After what you and the others say about the F-84 and MiG 15 by Hobby Boss, I feel a walllet weakening coming on :D!

Have a very happy Easter

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I like all of them Steve, but I really like the early USN one. Could I ask, what did you use for the blue/grey colour? I've a feeling it may apply to some early birdcage Corsairs too? I have an old Hasegawa one and have never known what colour to use :confused: .

After what you and the others say about the F-84 and MiG 15 by Hobby Boss, I feel a walllet weakening coming on :D!

Have a very happy Easter

Best regards

TonyT

Thank's Tony it's Tamiya light blue with a touch of white and gray I just felt it looked like some profiles I had seen and it was

left over from a Birdcage Corsair Ibuilt for a GB.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234998563-sending-in-the-marines-tamiya-corsair148/

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Luis,the Sabres I have not seen but the F-84 is a beauty,I built the MS 406 which again is very nice shame there was not a French

option in the box.I,m at the primer stage of the Mig 15 which builds well too!

Hi Steve!!!

The German one is an F-86F-40, the decals for WGAF are wrong to that variant BUT the Japanese are right, and also can make any F-86F-30 or -35 updated iin the wings for a -40 from this kit: Korean, Japan, USAFE, Thailand, and many more: The other is a F-86F-30 peculiar to Korean War or later in USAF or another Air Forces before the -40; also have bought the Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3, E-4/trop,  E-4/7, and G-2, G-2/TROP, 's as I am fan for this bird too and seem so easy to make something nice with them, just doing something here and there and little additions to  make a nice build...Have thought about the MIG 15, is tempting...but have some three 15 and three 15 UTI from KP unbuilt...and the same case with Spitfires and Hurricanes as have many of Airfix to build...but maybe when will be back to the Hobby Shop things in my mind change...:) 

Cheers and go ahead My Friend!!!

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

Hi folk's where did the weekend go? not a lot of bench time but plodding on with this group all the wheels,props etc painted and added

wash finished on the gray scheme now ready for matt coat,I'm toying with the idea of a light wash for the sea blue machines I'll give a 

Hobbyboss one a go to see how it look's,the unwanted rockets from the Eduard kit have gone on the French machine.

DSCN4929_zpsw0fwlfbs.jpg

• Like 6