Wildcat

cjhm

Just finished this one, great little kit in 1/72 from Airfix

I've had to setup a temporary build area on top of an old dresser so I can stand up whilst modelling due to sciatica so have been doing stuff as simply a possible

All paint by brush, Lifecolor for grey\blue. Quickshine to gloss before decals, Lifecolor Matt Varnish then MIG cold grey enamel wash.

Seatbelts are a cheeky printout of Eduard colour etch cut out and glued in place, aerial is Eze-Line.

I was going to do the more colourful red striped tail version but the decals would not slip in between the rudder and tail (bunged up with paint I think).

Pics are a bit dull but will do some more when it's bright outside

Hope you enjoy, more of my models here:

http://blog.cjhm.net/ and here: https://twitter.com/cjhm_models/

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

• Like 20

Gorgeous little Wildcat. Love the stencilling on the props. Such minute detail.

Very nice indeed.

What a lovely rendition of the Wildcat: it doesn't look like a refugee from the fire dump or that someone's dragged a grubby rag along all the panel joints. One of my earliest kits was the original Airfix Wildcat and your model is increasing the urge to go out and get one of these new kits just to see how things have changed

What a lovely rendition of the Wildcat: it doesn't look like a refugee from the fire dump or that someone's dragged a grubby rag along all the panel joints. One of my earliest kits was the original Airfix Wildcat and your model is increasing the urge to go out and get one of these new kits just to see how things have changed

Glad you like it, I remember the riveted original which I built 30 odd years ago as a teenager

Get one of these, its just so nice .... (or the Defiant or any of their new stuff)