Pima Air and space Museum

Paul Bradley

Located in Tucson, AZ, Pima Air and Space Museum is an aviation enthusiast's paradise. Over 80 acres, there are some 300 aircraft on display, with 5 large and air conditioned hangars chock with airframes, engines and memorabilia. It's all very well laid out, the outdoor aircraft have plenty of space for good photographic opportunities and, especially this time of year, the weather is perfect. Pima also runs tours of the Davis-Monthan AFB 'boneyard' where over 4,000 surplus aircraft are stored to be sold on, parted out or scrapped. An incredible sight.

I took over 600 photos, including some walkarounds. I need to process all these and will post more later, but here's a quick taster:

pima02_zpszilbipjh.jpg

pima04_zpsnutu26t6.jpg

pima06_zpsrvt5vcsz.jpg

pima07_zps25bcj8wi.jpg

pima09_zpsu49uavpe.jpg

pima08_zpsgy4xnxsw.jpg

pima10_zpscgvwrt5i.jpg

pima01_zpshmavenpk.jpg

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 6

It has to be the ugliest thing ever created but,I would love to see a beluga in the flesh..I bet it's huge.

Daz

It has to be the ugliest thing ever created but,I would love to see a beluga in the flesh..I bet it's huge.

Daz

Daz, the Beluga is a Guppy and if you live in the UK, there is one in the Bruntingthorpe Museum collection in Leicestershire. It's open at weekends i believe

Andy

Beluga is a guppy?? Sorry,I'm not up on these things and don't get what your saying

Daz

Ahh,I see now.yes there is a difference in the guppy and the beluga,I see it now

Daz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are some great photos on this thread, thanks fellas! I`d always been led to believe that the museum was mostly inhabited by sun bleached partial wrecks but these photos prove otherwise,...wow,.....considering the harsh contitions for paintwork they are certainly keeping on top of things and the Shack and TAV-8A especially look superb.

Pity that the canopy glazing has to be covered over but it is obvious why this has been done.

Last of all,....I didn`t realise that they ha an indoor section,.......nor a Douglas B-18 Bolo,......if somebody could post some extra pics of the B-18 please I`d be very much obliged,

Cheers

Tony