1/48 - MRCA Tornado GR.Mk.4 by Revell - released - new Black Dog detailing sets

Homebee

Awesome, tornado has the new style of box art.

Revell have changed their style of boxes if people are not aware

Finally! We have waited for this! The old style boxes were sooooo boring. I really hope that they will change the type of boxes as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The box suggests it might come with the bigger tanks, each tank will come in two halfs plus 4 separate fins each = 12 parts + the clear bit part for the LRMTS makes it 13. That's my guess, don't know where the other 6 parts will come from, unless their providing some new RAF specific weapons.

Skyshadow? Two halves, two fins, intake.......that's 5............or is that included in the IDS kit?

It's already in the IDS kit Bill, along with two Boz pods.

• Like 1

Looking at the built up example on the Revell Germany website it looks as if the fuselage weapons pylons are not RAF specific. I do hope that they are in the kit (or at least the release units to add to the pylons) when it is released. Been looking forward to this one all year!

Regards

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmm, so October has passed without release of this kit as planned, seems strange it would be delayed when it's not a completely new release, second colour scheme choice holding it up perhaps?!🤔

Just ordered mine from Wonderland...

Was showing coming soon on Saturday, now orderable (is that a word?) so I guess its out!

No, I asked pretty much every Revell rep and they all said "Go and ask that guy...". Apparently the UK Revell guys got taken to Germany and given a whole different list of options for the markings and they picked that one out straight away - Not so sure on it myself!

• Like 2