The battered old Airfix 1/144 boeing 747

Nobody has many kind words for this kit, but off eBay, $10 delivered, well, it was mine. Missing wheels and doors, but $10 sure doesn't buy perfection.

Decals from Classic-Airlines ( Love Nick Webb's work ), and it was a weekend's entertainment.

Wings not attached - my new, deep, display cabinet for the larger airliners in the last photo - well, the door slides open half way both ways, never open the whole way, so a jumbo wouldn't fit through the opening if fully, properly assembled.

Cheers,

Mike

Sabena4_zpsf9d9467f.jpg

Sabena1_zps505076c7.jpg

Sabena2_zps8147fcfa.jpg

Sabena3_zpsf795dbd8.jpg

cabinet_zpsd8c2b519.jpg

• Like 12

Nice job on the 747 Mike. Not often you see the Airfix 747 finished and certainly the first time I've seen it in Sabena colours.

Liking the display cabinet too but with regards to leaving the wings of the bigger jets off to fit them in, have you ever thought about gluing them on once you've got them inside ? Kind of like building a ship in a bottle ? :banghead:

Any possibility we could have a closer look at some of the stuff with orange tails ?

cabinet_zpsd8c2b519.jpg

• Like 1

Eric, you do indeed. Classic-airlines has it - hopefully this link will work - - otherwise should be easy enough to look up.

I'm not a fan of the modern 'all white' airliner, so with the newer aircraft, all being mostly flown in a whiter than white scheme by the airlines, one has to go for the retro models.

Mike, I'll start a photo session here to get all the old Springboks posted.

Cheers,

Mike

OK, that link did not come through - www.classic-airlines.com