RESIN GB - or "How I Learnt to Love Resin!"

Shouldn't the topic be named or "How I Learnt to Love Fingers Stuck Together!" I have a Fantastic Plastic Hutter Hu-136 that appears to be an easy build, but resin is so deceptive while inticing. You think you have what looks like a simple kit and it rears it's evil head after you start with bubbles, warp parts, halves that don't match and empty interiors. Evil, evil, evil. But, hey, I'm in.

Shouldn't the topic be named or "How I Learnt to Love Fingers Stuck Together!" I have a Fantastic Plastic Hutter Hu-136 that appears to be an easy build, but resin is so deceptive while inticing. You think you have what looks like a simple kit and it rears it's evil head after you start with bubbles, warp parts, halves that don't match and empty interiors. Evil, evil, evil. But, hey, I'm in.

You're right there, though I find bubbles the worst, just when you think you have a perfect finish.....bubbles! I think they plan and plot it like that.

Good to see you want to join the madness....Ooops I mean fun!

I have never got my fingers glued, what am I doing wrong?

Gosh you may have to run a class in how not to, there's a little bit of me in every resin beasty I've built.........hmmm what a scary though!

Maybe this will be you first time?

Pin,

You are a better man than I. Superglue and I are great friends as it seems very attracted to me. Not only do I glue my fingers together, but on more than one occasion with the thin stuff, I have not noticed it trickling out from the model as it is gluing my legs together. (Mustn't build resin in shorts, got to remind myself of this.) I always have a bottle of superglue remover nearby to just use on myself!!

• 2 weeks later...

we just need four more lost souls........opps I mean interested people who'd like to try something different. :D

or just four lost souls who like the smell of resin dust in the morning..........or just getting their fingers stuck together with CA cement

Again it would be open to any subject matter that its main components are made of resin and having more than 10 resin parts would be preferred.

Really resin conversions don't really count, you'd have to be replacing 90% of the main plastic components, but just ask.

So give anyone else you know a nudge to come join, would love to see some more AFV's, ships, cars, SYFY stuff are well.

I currently have four to consider at the moment for this build;

1/72 Czech Masters Westland Wyvern TF.1 (wt 22 cyl RR Eagle engine)

1/72 Planet Models Me329

1/48 MPM He219A (this require a lot of work!!!)

1/48 Planet Models Ju388 J-1 (4 mths mightn’t be enough for this one!!)

Though I’m bound to have more to choose from as it gets closer.... :wicked:

I'd be up for this, have a bunch of resin stuff that needs building :banghead:

you're added.

Nice little model there Pin, looks super cool, hopefully you haven't built it yet!

I'd be up for this, have a bunch of resin stuff that needs building :banghead:

You're added.

Nice wee plane Pin,I likey, just hope you havent built it by then.

Just three to go..........

Ok this is just plain weird, have updated my self twice!!! Ok bedtime for me!

OK...put me down for this...just scored a Russian CH16 AMC resin missile (think a twin-engined V-1!) from eBay...all resin...perfect

Just realized - I'm counted twice - #14 & #24

opps, sorted...........once I get past 20 I take no responsibility for my counting abilities, I run out of limbs with digits on!!

OK...put me down for this...just scored a Russian CH16 AMC resin missile (think a twin-engined V-1!) from eBay...all resin...perfect

Cool you can be Pin #24.

Arrr EvilBay my home away from home when I'm away from home.

Ok now that's sorted we have an extra person but the count still stays the same. :hmmm:

Hmm, depending on how the Korean War and Sabre GBs turn out I will contribute. I have a few CMR kits in the stash... I'd probably like to do their early Spitfire IX (rolls royce conversion) or the Typhoon prototype.

Hmm, depending on how the Korean War and Sabre GBs turn out I will contribute. I have a few CMR kits in the stash... I'd probably like to do their early Spitfire IX (rolls royce conversion) or the Typhoon prototype.

cool, do like the early Typhoons.

I've been known to glue bits of resin together from time to time. I'd be up for this :)

Well you're one up on a few of us, we're having a hard time not gluing or fingers together! :banghead:

only one to go.......there's a prize for number 30!!!

....arrr.....well not really other than the satisfaction of being #30, ok maybe you can have your name in a different colour! :P

I got the 1/144 Soviet hydrofoil boat "Meteor" from PAS last week

Wow! This is a challenging kit but may be build into a real gem. Below is the scan from Russian M-Hobby magazine article with nice pics of finished model:

http://pas-decals.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=163

Some reference pics:

http://www.pas-decals.ru/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=18&id=4558&Itemid=142

Super cool David, you're #30!!!!!

Was just looking on CMR today, that's a nice model, never knew there was a tail sitter version! Welcome to the group.

We'll now that means we make it into the voting stage!!!

Just one step closer to bedlam......opps I mean fun!

David once I get back on a real PC your name will be in colour.