Well seeing as some have posted renders here already

Andrew March

Thanks Col, I think attitudes are changing. I think the primary casue of resistance is that everyone who used traditional mediums thought that digital artwork was somehow a cheat and easier to create.

Truth is of course that a large number of the newer aviation and military artists are using digital as well as traditional skills and they can understand that the two can be used together. A friend of mine, Wiek Luijken has created some stunning work and in fact his art appears on the box of the 1:32 Hobbycraft Hawker Sea Fury. Wiek kindly let me use his Spitfire Trop model but his website has some superb aviation art.

I like to spend my time taking requests from people for images, it keeps me on my toes ;)

Have to admit I've lost touch with what's happening in the avart world as I've not done any painting for a few years and not looked into the ehangar site for a similar length of time. Glad to hear attitudes are getting better though. Your work is certainly inpirational so perhaps I'll return to the paintbox soon ;) Thanks for sharing your wonderful work here and will keep an eye out for more.

Hi Andrew, Stirling work, love the sun on the clouds and sea in Homeward Bound, then the light on the sides of the aircraft, the light in Princes of Persia and the clouds in Above them only Blue.

Thanks Guys, if you are thinking of doing clouds and landscapes/seascapes my advice is check out Terragen 2 by planetside, excellent value and massively powerfull, although it has a really steep learning curve. Most recently been used to do shots in Snow White and the Huntsman and all the planets in Star Trek Nemesis.

Beautiful work especially the Lambo she looks stunning. Great animation as well exactly the sort of space battle you'd expect from a frachise about Star Wars.

Thanks Arpie, there's a longer one in works. It's more a short story involving some clone mercenaries searching for hidden Jedi artifacts on an abandoned forest moon, in the hopes of freeing thier clone brother from the slavery of the force...

When they get to the moon, they find something more than artifacts and aren't prepared for it all...

I use Lightwave mainly wayne, with Terragen and Vue for Landscapes.

I take my hat off to you then, I have been dabling with Lightwave and Vue for a while and I know just how difficult it is to achieve what you have. Well done to you. :)

Wayne

Yep, I mentioned earlier Wiek is a friend of mine, I have used his models before and this one was one of those 'must have a go at that' type of images. I think it's fair to say that when you reach a certain level art you know you have made when other artists are inspired by your work.

I have a low level Normandy beaches piece in the works and another based on a raid by a flight of Mosquitos on a prison.