Group Build Chat

Tomorrow is the big day, I've got the supplies of pop and crisps, oh, and :popcorn:, especially :popcorn:.

My Do24 is patiently awaiting the start signal and I'm impatiently awaiting it. Only a few hours now and we can start. . .

Gather round, chaps, I need to talk to you. . .

I've had a PM from a BM member who would like to participate in this GB with a particularly interesting converted

ASR aircraft. (No names at this stage), but he reckons it's 50% built (he's been building since July)

I'm minded to ask the gentleman to post a build thread and "build along" with us. He tells me he's

not interested in the prizes, just in sharing the experience and getting some encouragement, so I'd

ask him to post his "finished" pix in his build thread rather than the gallery, and he wouldn't take part

in the poll.

What do you all think about that?

Edited by MadNurseGaz

Hi all,

I"m planning to join this GB soon.

I normally only build WW-2 planes. But I will look out for a nice ambulance,police,etc - car in scale 1/24 th at the big IPMS show in Belgium next month.

I think it will be a welcome change.

Edited by Erwin

Hi all,

I"m planning to join this GB soon.

I normally only build WW-2 planes. But I will look out for a nice ambulance,police,etc - car in scale 1/24 th at the big IPMS show in Belgium next month.

I think it will be a welcome change.

That's great, Erwin, lovely to have you along. . .

i sitill want to join this but dont have anything for it

:blink: No SAR subjects in stash? Fire truck? Military Ambulance? Airport Police? Maritime patrol aircraft? Airborne firefighting?

I could do ordinary Pilatus PC-9M from our CroAF, 'cause they're used for maritime patrol duties... Only equipment crew has for this is digital camera... :P

I could do ordinary Mi-171Sh from our CroAF, 'cause they're are used for SAR - witohut any special markings or equipment to differ from ordinary ones ...

C'mon, clean dust from your stash once more...

I'm a bit late, but I'm joining with a kind of kit that I neer thought I'd have built: a 1/144 Grumman Albatross in Italian Air Force SAR service.

I usually don't build 1/144, but I found the very nice A-model kit for a fiver at a model show and grabbed one. When I then saw this GB was on I thought it would have been the perfect excuse to start building this right away.

The kit comes with US decals but some roundels from the spares and some home printed code should sort the markings. Some work will also be required to convert the kit in the right version.... nothing too difficult hopefully !

A question for mods: I made a small guide for vacforming, for CliffB's Breda 44 project. It has some 20-30 pics and 7 pages, all in English. I sent him a PDF file, but I'm willing to share it with everyone here. So, should I open a new topic in Tools 'n' tips or is there a way to post a file here on britmodeller?

Would be quite happy if someone with more experience with vacforming would check it first.

Cheers, Tomislav :coolio:

A question for mods: I made a small guide for vacforming, for CliffB's Breda 44 project. It has some 20-30 pics and 7 pages, all in English. I sent him a PDF file, but I'm willing to share it with everyone here. So, should I open a new topic in Tools 'n' tips or is there a way to post a file here on britmodeller?

Would be quite happy if someone with more experience with vacforming would check it first.

Cheers, Tomislav :coolio:

That sounds really interesting, Tomislav, I think Tools'n'tips would be the best place for it, you'll get maximum exposure there . .

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we're well into this GB now, lots of models under way, a few even finished. We've got plastic kits, resin kits,

white metal kits, OOB builds, lots of aftermarket. Couldn't wish for a more varied group build.

I'd have thought we'd have seen more yellow helicopters, tho' . . .Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that,

just commenting. . .

• 2 weeks later...
Gather round, chaps, I need to talk to you. . .

I've had a PM from a BM member who would like to participate in this GB with a particularly interesting converted

ASR aircraft. (No names at this stage), but he reckons it's 50% built (he's been building since July)

I'm minded to ask the gentleman to post a build thread and "build along" with us. He tells me he's

not interested in the prizes, just in sharing the experience and getting some encouragement, so I'd

ask him to post his "finished" pix in his build thread rather than the gallery, and he wouldn't take part

in the poll.

What do you all think about that?

Hi MadNurseGaz,

thank you for the introduction: my biggest apologies for adding the topic only now after more than a month, actually I've been overwhelmed by my daily job and found very little time even for browsing the site!

Last monday I restarted working on the SB-29 so I now added my post, hope it will be interesting for the other members.

regards

Fabio

• 3 weeks later...
actually I've been overwhelmed by my daily job and found very little time even for browsing the site!

you are not alone...trust me....your not.

As I type this, taking an breif break from the daily tedium, I think of a faraway place I would like to be, a mythical place of hallowed halls and rows of plastic candy.....

then reality kicks in and I have to return to the tedium :(

and if I'm lucky, I might even get around to doing something to my sea kings......

• 4 weeks later...

Well chaps, we seem to be suffering from a general loss of Modelling Mojo on this GB. Serious lack of progress to lots of entries.

I don't know what I can say to encourage you all, my model's finished! There are some great entries to this GB, I'd love to see them all finished. . .