Group Build Chat

well, if it helps, I have both seakings on the bench, one Royal Navy Rescue, and One US navy....

the problem is I dont actually have the actual decals for the RN one....I can paint it, find a roundel ok, and Royal Navy titles, but no 'rescue' titles or squadron markings.....

anyway; if I "finish" it otherwise, I'll get the pics up.

Same goes for the USN version - it's supposed to be one of the sea griffins helos from the movie The Final Countdown, which fished the japanese pilot and the senator, his secretary and her dog out of the pacific ocean.

So it's a rescue chopper :)

I just dont have the right codes and logos for a sea griffins seaking from the USS Nimitz....

"sigh"......

....Have just fished out the RAF Yellow one to add to Kev1n's 2 and you may get a whole collection of sea kings by the end of december. I am no longer going away over xmas so have a weeks more modelling time than i had planned so i'll see how far i get pics and thread to follow. The HH65 is taking ages to dry between coats so it'll be good to get back to some building

Cheers

Graham

having a tech issue with pics atm but right now I'm installing internal thingys in the USN helo, the RN will be more or less oob with the addition of necessary bits for the rescue version....still need decals tho :(

Well chaps, we seem to be suffering from a general loss of Modelling Mojo on this GB. Serious lack of progress to lots of entries.

I don't know what I can say to encourage you all, my model's finished! There are some great entries to this GB, I'd love to see them all finished. . .

Unfortunately my model is temporarily stuck because of the printer being out of action. New printer came in recently and I've yet to test it. The week end will be used for that, I hope to have the model decalled by the end of the following week... but I promise I'll finish it !!!

I had to slap my mojo around a bit to get it back on track so the Firefly was completed yesterday which was a bit of a relief! Now to get cracking properly on the Babylon 5 Starfury before the Mustang arrives for that GB :)

well.....I'm still having some tech probs with pics atm but lets give it a go.....topic posted and fingers crossed etc.....

hmmm.......well, I think I'm going to put the RN sea king to one side and concentrate on the USN one, it's further along than the brit version so I guess I crack on with just the one - that way there is a chance I'll get one done

• 2 weeks later...

....and after festive things, my USN Sea King wont be finished by toimorrow either...

:(

"sigh".....

So unless we can have another week, I have no chance....and it still might not get done...it might tho....maybe...