Hawker Hunter T7 'Tiger Squadron'

Not one for the purists, but nevertherless I really enjoyed this and can now add a T7 to my collection until we see the Xtrakit.

I re-built the cockpit and added some airwaves seats and replaced the pipe (albeit with the wrong one!). The kit had no decals so they are a mix of Airfix & Xtradecal, not quite right in some places. Painted with Revell Silver which went on great, and a small amount of weatheirng - I tried to ignore the worst of the panel lines!

Anyway, her she is!

Si

T7-FIN1.jpg

T7-FIN2.jpg

T7-FIN3.jpg

T7-FIN4.jpg

T7-FIN5.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers guys, was my first attempt at spraying overall silver and I am quite impressed with the Revell acryllic paint. Forgot to add, I sanded the nose down a fair bit to try and get the shape a bit better.

Got a Matchbox Brit Phantom in the queue so will be interested to see how that comes out, think I may do a new tool Airfix Hawk in 74 Sqn markings next though.

Cheers

Si

Brings back happy memories of when I did 1/72nd scale. I alway worked on the basis of sanding the Hunters nose until the panel lines were barely there, at that point I reckoned the nose was as right as possible without rebuilding.

Nice work and a lovely finish. I did my 1/48 Aeroclub conversion for the Academy kit in the same markings.

Great looking Hunter, nice to see a Matchbox kit so well built.

• 1 month later...
Very nice. My only advice would be to pay a bit more attention to filling the seam lines, especially if spraying with silver as it'll highlight ANY flaw.

Thanks for the feedback guys, you're right though about the seams, they do need more work, bit more patience required I think!

Cheers

Simon