Airfix 1?72 Shar

Nice work Peter, looks great! How did the decals go, any problems?

:cheers:

Hi Pete, nice result. I'm not convinced about the depth of the panel lines, but that's Airfix's doing, not yours. I'm going to do my FA2 as the blue/white 899 NAS 25th anniversary bird, once I finally finish my FRS1 (almost there).

Hi Ray, the decals in the stock FA2 kit look to be done by the same people that did the decals in the stock FRS1 kit. If that's the case, then they'll be terrific on a gloss surface with a bit of Microsol, which is exactly what I did with my FRS1 - they're excellent quality. You have the club special boxing, don't you, with the 800 NAS grey/red scheme? If they've used the same people that did the decals for the Spitfire IXc, then they'll be rubbish, otherwise they'll be great. Try an underwing roundel first...

Jeff

Hi Ray, the decals in the stock FA2 kit look to be done by the same people that did the decals in the stock FRS1 kit. If that's the case, then they'll be terrific on a gloss surface with a bit of Microsol, which is exactly what I did with my FRS1 - they're excellent quality. You have the club special boxing, don't you, with the 800 NAS grey/red scheme? If they've used the same people that did the decals for the Spitfire IXc, then they'll be rubbish, otherwise they'll be great. Try an underwing roundel first...

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Yes I have the club kit in my hot little hands now. I hope the decals are like the FRS1 or F-27 sheet, they are excellent too. I agree on the panel lines, they look a little too well defined, though if my past record with painting is followed I will pretty much fill them with paint :D. No better not follow the track record, I am a reformed painter, less is better...

The decals in both SHARs and the club special were printed by Cartograf.

And long may it continue.

Jeff