Cutty Sark 1:96

Hi Guys, three years and it is done ;)

I have upgraded Revell set with sails, wooden blocks and PE equipment. Best regards, now return to 1:16 cars ;)

b8BYNp0.jpg

YX4DF2l.jpg

4sr5rOD.jpg

9UP73gj.jpg

agb2yG8.jpg

GSXkFUA.jpg

Bp37qMY.jpg

x0UaJ6m.jpg

68InbRD.jpg

SmJp42d.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

That is a lovely model Angus. Nice to see it completely rigged with standing and running rigging.

Now that you have finished it, a good display case for it might be a very good investment to keep the dust off it and avoid damage.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Angus73 said:

Best regards, now return to 1:16 cars ;)

What, not do Thermopylae, Flying cloud, Sea Witch, Red Jacket and a whole lot of others? You're on a roll. 😁

Seriously, she's beautiful, very nicely done. And I'm inclined to echo @Noel Smith's advice above, regarding a display case or cabinet. Dust and cobwebs will be most unkind to her in the future.

Regards, Jeff.

Hi, I'm looking at your beautifully built Cutty Sark. It's a really beautiful construction, I've also had this ship model under construction for four months, when I'm done, I'll display it here as well. Good luck .

Hi, thanks for feedback, honestly the rigging is a bigget challange. The key is to plan before. All blocks must be on the mast before you put in in place to the hull. Sails mounting, top->down. And from inner lines to outer ones (like braces) and as well top-down. You have 60-80 lines along mast at the bottom. I have run from the bowsprit towards stern. I use Planning, planning and planning and surgical tools ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 4:09 AM, Noel Smith said:

That is a lovely model Angus. Nice to see it completely rigged with standing and running rigging.

Now that you have finished it, a good display case for it might be a very good investment to keep the dust off it and avoid damage.

Yes!!   This fine result deserves to go in a case!   Well done!!

Wow!

That's museum quality if not better! Seeing posts like this reminds me just how much skill there is out there in the modelling community. She's a beautiful lady that you've crafted to perfection! 

Edited by S-boat 55

Anyone contemplating building a Cutty Sark kit and fully rigging it will do no better than to buy the set of George Campbell plans of the ship that are very reasonably priced considering that they are as far as I can see the most accurate plans of the shilp.

They are available from the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London.

Look in the shop on their website in their 'Cutty Sark Collection''.

Great model: hope you can get it into a display case to protect your work. I know these subjects take a lot of time to attain such a good result but it's well worth the effort.