While I'm thinking of Thunderstreaks, I may as well build the Sword one that I have in The Stash. 

spacer.png

As yu can see from the photos below, it's a typical Sword kit.   It's sort of a short run kit, with everything that implies. The detail level is nowhere near the level of the Special Hobby kit.  But then, I do like Sword kits.  

spacer.png 

spacer.png

I will be using the kit decals to represent an ANG jet in SEA camouflage.

• Like 10

Good luck with this one, it'll be interesting to see how you think it compares with the SH kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

While I'm thinking of Thunderstreaks, I may as well build the Sword one that I have in The Stash. 

spacer.png

As yu can see from the photos below, it's a typical Sword kit.   It's sort of a short run kit, with everything that implies. The detail level is nowhere near the level of the Special Hobby kit.  But then, I do like Sword kits.  

spacer.png 

spacer.png

I will be using the kit decals to represent an ANG jet in SEA camouflage.

Do you know which State ? I did an Illinois ANG one in the Revell/Monogram Classic build in 2022. There may be some references in there or I may have some floating about for Virginia and Ohio ? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Do you know which State ?

162 TFS/178 TFG, Ohio ANG.  It's a rather plain scheme.  There are no unit markings at all.  But I like it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

162 TFS/178 TFG, Ohio ANG.  It's a rather plain scheme.  There are no unit markings at all.  But I like it. 

Yes they were just pulling secondary duty so didn't get the glory they deserved. I will see if I have any photo’s ? 

• Thanks 1

Nice. You know what you're getting into with a Sword kit, they usually fit well enough even without location pins.

"You had location pins? LUXURY!"

• Haha 1

@Enzo the Magnificent I like Sword kits too. It's hard not to, with the subject choices they make. But also that I enjoy working on them - you know it's gonna take little bit extra effort maybe but they have the details to look good in the end. Quite rewarding kits in that sense.

• Like 1

Windscreen fitted and masked.  The model was then primed with clear lacquer from a rattle can followed by a coat of grey plastic primer to give a consistent colour.

spacer.png

Sprayed with Lifecolor UA-562

spacer.png

The tan areas were then masked with Blutak worms and masking tape squares, sealed with Copydex.

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The medium green was then sprayed using Lifecolor UA-561.  After a couple of coats of clear lacquer to protect the paint I maksed again and srayed Xtracrylix XA1110.  Then I did a lot of faffing around with more masking and spraying to make sure all the bits matched up where they should.  Finally I masked the undersurfaces and sprayed with a random Lifecolor light grey.  This was because I had run out of Lifecolor UA-563 which is what I usually use for the SEA scheme undersides.   I have Xtracrylix XA1140 instead.  It's a good match but has a very poor covering power, hence my use of a random light grey as an undercoat.

spacer.png

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

How’s she doing, Enzo?

Finished, as are the other F-84Fs and the XF-91. I just need to take photos.  The Thunderjets are awaiting delivery of white decal stripes for the canopies and then they will be finished as well.