A-10 Thunderbolt II STGB - 31 names

Col.

6 hours ago, Col. said:

Of course, with pleasure :) Either kit is fine but I do feel duty-bound, on behalf of @trickyrich, to ask what aftermarket additions you've got for the Trumpy one?

I'll need to rustle around, I've the replacent vacform canopy, some of the Eduard PE, the master gun barrel and I *think* the profimodeller weight.

I'd love to get one of the exterior resin sets but they seem to be rarer than rare. 

I'll try and pick up the GT resin engine set too beforehand.

I want to do it as Bentwaters bird undergoing an ICT. So trying to figure out which load out I need for that and which ECM pod. I've the flightpath one but I'm not sure it's the right version for them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, DeepSea said:

I'll need to rustle around, I've the replacent vacform canopy, some of the Eduard PE, the master gun barrel and I *think* the profimodeller weight.

I'd love to get one of the exterior resin sets but they seem to be rarer than rare. 

I'll try and pick up the GT resin engine set too beforehand.

I want to do it as Bentwaters bird undergoing an ICT. So trying to figure out which load out I need for that and which ECM pod. I've the flightpath one but I'm not sure it's the right version for them.

You have the ingredients for a great project there :speak_cool:

• Thanks 1

If you would be so kind as to me to the illustrious list, That would be Grand. I built an old Italeri Kit YEARS ago in "peanut" colours. It's about time I built a really Good one for the modern age.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

If you would be so kind as to me to the illustrious list, That would be Grand. I built an old Italeri Kit YEARS ago in "peanut" colours. It's about time I built a really Good one for the modern age.

Of course Loren, with pleasure, the new kits available of this type deserve our attention :)

• 2 weeks later...

Time to give this idea a post-Christmas push. With 17 names we are well advanced and I'd like to see the inaugural A-10 STGB make the 2025 bumfight (as much to see how many different schemes Enzo builds as for any other of the many good reasons ;) ) 

Brrrrrrrrttt!

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2

Hi @Col., I did start a HASEGAWA A-10C Thunderbolt II kit some moons ago in the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB, but unfortunately I never finished it. It somehow deserves to be finished, so if it could be considered within the usual 25% rule I would be very happy to participate in this A-10 STGB 😊 

Will have to check how far I actually got, but as per my WIP basically I started work on the engines, fuselage/wing assembly and the cockpit. So still many hours of work left for a notorious slow builder like myself 😎 

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Hi @Col., I did start a HASEGAWA A-10C Thunderbolt II kit some moons ago in the Bomber/Strike/Ground Attack GB, but unfortunately I never finished it. It somehow deserves to be finished, so if it could be considered within the usual 25% rule I would be very happy to participate in this A-10 STGB 😊 

Will have to check how far I actually got, but as per my WIP basically I started work on the engines, fuselage/wing assembly and the cockpit. So still many hours of work left for a notorious slow builder like myself 😎 

Cheers

Johnny b 

I've added your name to the list Johnny. This A-10 needs finished :)

37 minutes ago, DeepSea said:

One can never have too much of this :)

Absolutely not! :D

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Stefan Buysse said:

OK, I'm at risk of signing up for too much again, but I must admit that I'd love to see an A-10 GB.

Most likely a 1/72 one with Caracal decals.

Cheers, Stefan.

It's all too easy to sign up for an excess of options when there's always so many great options available but we haven't done a dedicated A-10 yet and now seems as good a time as any :) 

• Like 1

You all know it is taking all of my famous/infamous lack of willpower to not start my new Academy model!!!!!

It keeps calling my name and keeps flashing its lovely plasticy bits at me!!!  :blush: 

So this one better get up and through to next year!!!!  :fight:

In the meantime I guess I can go shopping for AM bits..........maybe I could build this one then by the new GWH one when it's released! :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

You all know it is taking all of my famous/infamous lack of willpower to not start my new Academy model!!!!!

It keeps calling my name and keeps flashing its lovely plasticy bits at me!!!  :blush: 

So this one better get up and through to next year!!!!  :fight:

In the meantime I guess I can go shopping for AM bits..........maybe I could build this one then by the new GWH one when it's released! :D

Get those aftermarket goodies bought in Rich! I'm shocked you haven't already :o There's plenty of schemes to chose from the A-10 service history so you can easily justify another ;) 

Well, as it happens I already have a 72nd Academy one in my "don't really care but it could be fun" pile- not that that will necessarily stop me from buying some other kit instead, of course!  This could be just the excuse I need... umm, for one alternative or the other...

I've got a possible "speculative/(hypothetical) commemorative" scheme I'd like to attempt, but I'd also be fine with doing a real one (perhaps the temporary "winter" scheme?)

bob

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

Well, as it happens I already have a 72nd Academy one in my "don't really care but it could be fun" pile- not that that will necessarily stop me from buying some other kit instead, of course!  This could be just the excuse I need... umm, for one alternative or the other...

I've got a possible "speculative/(hypothetical) commemorative" scheme I'd like to attempt, but I'd also be fine with doing a real one (perhaps the temporary "winter" scheme?)

bob

I've no issues with reasonable What-if schemes but the 'winter' scheme is a cool one. Seems you do need another kit after all Bob ;) 

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Get those aftermarket goodies bought in Rich! I'm shocked you haven't already :o There's plenty of schemes to chose from the A-10 service history so you can easily justify another ;) 

I do have to check to see if I hadn't bought the goodies already....have a bad habit of doing that!!!

You're not wrong about the schemes, I've got the TwoBobs A-10C "Heritage Hawgs" decal set, and I love 2 of the schemes provided, the VSEA are TAC one, and the D-Day one. 

Hmmm maybe I should buy another one and do both!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I do have to check to see if I hadn't bought the goodies already....have a bad habit of doing that!!!

You're not wrong about the schemes, I've got the TwoBobs A-10C "Heritage Hawgs" decal set, and I love 2 of the schemes provided, the VSEA are TAC one, and the D-Day one. 

Hmmm maybe I should buy another one and do both!

You already know the answer to that - W.W.E.M.D.  ;)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

This rings far too true. There's nothing quite like the feeling of going to put the new AM away and seeing the exact same set there 🤦

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DeepSea said:

This rings far too true. There's nothing quite like the feeling of going to put the new AM away and seeing the exact same set there 🤦

..thus creating the need for another kit to apply said duplicate AM. Right? :innocent: :whistle:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Col. said:

..thus creating the need for another kit to apply said duplicate AM. Right? :innocent: :whistle:

The answer to that depends on if my wife is reading this thread ;)

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Monogram ‘Hog’ with a lot of extras but I would prefer to build something that holds the quality of the new Academy (if they would get around to doing an A). Either way count me in for this. I’ll be doing a Cold War, Desert Shield/ Storm, or GWOT A-10.