My 180 th Malta Spitfire in 1/72, a Mk Vc from Operation "Bowery" abord USS Wasp 09 may 1942. Used by 249 Sq one day. A clean kit from Airfix.

Very nice Malta Spitfire.  I like that it is a clean build given the time you are depicting it and how little use it had up to that point in time.  Thanks for sharing.  Now on the next Spit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2023 at 21:53, georgeusa said:

Very nice Malta Spitfire.  I like that it is a clean build given the time you are depicting it and how little use it had up to that point in time.  Thanks for sharing.  Now on the next Spit.

Thank you very much mate. Next Malta Spitfire is on the way.

Alain

6 hours ago, kapam said:

Very nice!

Not a scheme I see often.

Perhaps weirdly, I prefer the Vokes-equipped Spitfire to the "standard" variety.

To my eye it looks more aggressive somehow.

👍👍

Thank you. Yes you are right about the filter.

Alain

PS : a few Australian in the nearest futur.

5 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

Great job of your Bowery Spit Alain, looks superb and congrats on your 180th.

Thank you very much Jordan.

20 more to come in the futur, already in my stach.

Alain

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Thank you very much Jordan.

20 more to come in the futur, already in my stach.

Alain

Wow, 200 will be very impressive Alain. My current total is 5 built and 5 in the stash so I've got a bit of catching up to do!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

Wow, 200 will be very impressive Alain. My current total is 5 built and 5 in the stash so I've got a bit of catching up to do!

Yes Jordan, and perhaps more if Eduard produce there Spitfire V range in 1/72.

Keep going and produce yours.

Alain

13 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Yes Jordan, and perhaps more if Eduard produce there Spitfire V range in 1/72.

Keep going and produce yours.

Alain

It would be fantastic if they were to do the Mk. V Trop's in 1/72. I was lucky enough to be in Malta last week and visited the excellent National War Museum in Valetta and the Aviation Museum in Ta Qali. They have some amazing exhibits on display.

20231006-130920.jpg

20231004-151510.jpg

20231006-130001.jpg

20231006-125554.jpg

I'm currently researching a 126 Squadron Mk. Vb EP341, which was an Op Insect delivered aircraft. It was flown by Lt Ripley Jones when he fatally collided with a II.KG77 Ju-88 A-4 on 17th October 1942. I'm planning on building it as a buddy build with a friend who is building the Ju-88. I can't find any records of the Squadron codes if it in fact had any as this example seems to have had the codes deleted. I've written to the museum to see if any logbooks or records exist. I've accessed the records in Kew for 126 Squadron but September and October 1942 entries are missing and EP341 doesnt appear between July and August suggesting it may have initially been assigned to another squadron after its arrival on 21st July. Have you come across or built this example? At the moment I'm probably going to model it like this example in Brian Cauchi's book.

Screenshot-20230930-101414-Drive.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

It would be fantastic if they were to do the Mk. V Trop's in 1/72. I was lucky enough to be in Malta last week and visited the excellent National War Museum in Valetta and the Aviation Museum in Ta Qali. They have some amazing exhibits on display.

20231006-130920.jpg

20231004-151510.jpg

20231006-130001.jpg

20231006-125554.jpg

I'm currently researching a 126 Squadron Mk. Vb EP341, which was an Op Insect delivered aircraft. It was flown by Lt Ripley Jones when he fatally collided with a II.KG77 Ju-88 A-4 on 17th October 1942. I'm planning on building it as a buddy build with a friend who is building the Ju-88. I can't find any records of the Squadron codes if it in fact had any as this example seems to have had the codes deleted. I've written to the museum to see if any logbooks or records exist. I've accessed the records in Kew for 126 Squadron but September and October 1942 entries are missing and EP341 doesnt appear between July and August suggesting it may have initially been assigned to another squadron after its arrival on 21st July. Have you come across or built this example? At the moment I'm probably going to model it like this example in Brian Cauchi's book.

First, thank you for sharing your pictures. It is a journey that I would like to do one day.

I had made the EP257 like the Cauchi's book.

About the Eduard's Spitfire, it is just a question of time and marketing.

I had contact with a secretares of the team, she tell me that the Spit is in the tube.

But when ????

Alain

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

20231006-130920.jpg

20231004-151510.jpg

20231006-130001.jpg

20231006-125554.jpg

It is a shame that they don't have a real or 1/1 copy of a Spitfire Mk V Trop in the museum.

Alain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

It is a shame that they don't have a real or 1/1 copy of a Spitfire Mk V Trop in the museum.

Alain

I agree Alain, they are in the process of building Sea Gladiator Mk. I N5519, which they think will take the two man team 10 years to complete so maybe a Mk.V Trop will be next!

Screenshot-20231017-163959-Gallery.jpg

20231006-123411.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jordan Giddins said:

I agree Alain, they are in the process of building Sea Gladiator Mk. I N5519, which they think will take the two man team 10 years to complete so maybe a Mk.V Trop will be next!

Screenshot-20231017-163959-Gallery.jpg

20231006-123411.jpg

Thank you Jordan for the info.

Alain

• Like 1