Red one screen used x-wing Starfighter auction

moondrome

Perhaps you don't have ( at least) 400.000 $ to participate on this auction, but maybe you want to take a look at very detailed photos of this x-wing, as a reference. Here's the link. 

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/movie-tv-memorabilia/props/screen-matched-hero-red-leader-red-one-x-wing-starfighter-filming-miniature-with-articulating-servo-controlled-wings-and-l/a/7278-89464.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Nice find there.

There some interesting stuff on that site up for auction.

Liking the Visitor's uniform & weapons to go with it, along with the Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Warrior uniform & helmet, even the William Shatner screen worn away team overcoat from The Wrath of Khan.

Shame I aint got a few grand, id love to own them for cosplay.

The Shatner wig is a definite gem.

Could end up the most expensive model sold from a film if it does well, I think the Enterprise D is the current one to beat at half a million

Edit- Looking around a pyro model of Red Leader adjusted to look like Red 3 went for $2.4 million last year. And thats just a pyro, this one's the original. 

Edited by Misrule

• 1 month later...

The auction has now concluded. Media reports are that the Red Leader X-Wing fighter made a whopping $3.1 million dollars. I didn't note a final price for William Shatner's wig being mentioned in the several reports I viewed: maybe those details were cut by a news editor, so that strand of the story needs to be investigated by someone else. I hope they get to the roots of the eventual price: just the bald facts will do. 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Peter2 said:

I didn't note a final price for William Shatner's wig being mentioned in the several reports I viewed: maybe those details were cut by a news editor, so that strand of the story needs to be investigated by someone else. I hope they get to the roots of the eventual price: just the bald facts will do. 

$13,750 for the syrup.

$55,000 for a 7 of 9 catsuit vs $35,000 for an Original series Dr McCoy uniform (I can't imagine why, it doesn't come with Jeri Ryan still in it!)

• Like 2

She’s also on record as saying it was incredibly uncomfortable, sweaty and hot to work in, impossible for bathroom visits and the engineering around the chest may have had the desired effect on the outside but was rather less successful from the inside… which is why normal clothes aren’t made that way. It was redesigned in later seasons…

I don’t think anyone’s buying THAT for cosplay…

best,

M.

On 10/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, Stu_davros said:

(I can't imagine why, it doesn't come with Jeri Ryan still in it!)

Naughty, naughty.... very naughty (as The Shamen once sung). 

The remarkable thing is, in every interview I've seen involving Jeri Ryan, she comes across as extremely down-to-earth, ego-free and self-effacing. Having said all that, she is an actor, of course..... but I like to think she's the real deal. 

Chris.  

• Like 2