CHAR 2C Super Heavy French Tank, "The French Leviathan" MENG 1/35

An outstanding result showcasing a superb build backed up with brilliant paintwork and attention to detail

Looking forward to the next adventure now!

Stay safe          Roger 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keeff said:

Outstanding work Francis! 👌

I like the fact you've included tge accumulation of mud underneath between the tracks and the addition of some 'fodder' in the right places. 

Keith 😁 

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

With the size of the model, I ended up with a large amount of material and pigments, and I was "moderate"...:whistle:

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

An outstanding result showcasing a superb build backed up with brilliant paintwork and attention to detail

Looking forward to the next adventure now!

Stay safe          Roger 

Hi Roger,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, much appreciated.

It has been a bit challenging, because camos, for me at least, are always somewhat complicated, I feel more in my comfort zone with vehicles in a single color, although it may seem otherwise, it is very easy for me to modulate and break the linearity the unique color... With a camo, it's as if my "schemes" were "broken"...now that I think about it, it's not one of the objectives of camouflage, to confuse and distract....😅

Cheers and TC

Francis👍

• Like 1

Superb Francis, you've done an excellent job with the weathering, as usual. I really like the super realistic accumulation of dirt, leaves and mud around the running gear.

Nice touch having leaves carefully scattered around too.

Great work

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Superb Francis, you've done an excellent job with the weathering, as usual. I really like the super realistic accumulation of dirt, leaves and mud around the running gear.

Nice touch having leaves carefully scattered around too.

Great work

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments,i'm glad you like it.

Curiously, I think I get better results with pigments than with specific mud products (which I also have, although I rarely use them...lol), apart from the fact that I prefer dry mud to wet ones, I think it is more difficult to work with, so that it remains "authentic" and not a "hodgepodge" that makes it look like a sloppy and/or rushed job...

Cheers

Francis.👍

12 hours ago, APA said:

Those tracks really work. Don't distract at all 👌 great result. Weathering is top notch. Excellent work Francis 👏

Andrew 

Hi Andrew,

Yes, those tracks are interesting, with a somewhat strange appearance, without fenders anywhere, totally exposed.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 04/09/2023 at 11:35, Maddoxx77 said:

Outstanding job @FrancisGL altough camoschemes are not your forte, you really did the model justice. The weathering is on point. 

Very good modeling once again. 👍👍👍

Hi Maddoxx,

Many thanks for your likes and kinf comments, i'm glad you like it.

Fortunately I have been quite happy with the result, I was worried about ruining one of the "good" and expensive kits, but thanks to the putty, the stains are easier to do, although masking is a slow, tedious process, and you have to correct it often. I already have one more model with camo in the collection, I think 5, still in minority...:whistle:

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great work on the beast Francis. I look forward to seeing it in RFI.

John.

Hi John,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, much appreciated.

I hope to take correct photos, it is quite large and I think it will be difficult to focus everything as it should.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Paint job and weathering have came out fantastic Francis this has given me some inspiration with my Sherman build Thank You.  :worthy:

Stay Safe

beefy

Hi beefy66,

I am happy to serve as an inspiration to someone, a sign that I will be doing something right....🤔

Cheers

Francis.👍

12 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That's one hell of  beast Francis and I love it, excellent work, well done...:clap:

Ed

Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1