Hi all!

Montague

Hello All,

I see a introduction is in order, so here goes.

I am a Yank. I live in the great frozen north, sometimes referred to as the state of Minnesota.

Like most here, I put a few models together as a youth and in the last couple of years decided to give modeling a go.

My last finished project was the Tamiya 1/35 early King Tiger tank. Despite my best efforts, it turned out rather well, or so i like to think.

I bought an airbrush and this was also my first attempt at painting with it. I shall post a pic as soon as I can of my attempt.

With retirement looming on my horizon (how can this be?) this will be a good hobby to fill the (unaccustomed) idle hours that will soon be available to me.

I am quite impressed with the knowledge I have seen and read here, and look forward to the time I shall spend learning about this fascinating pastime.

Regards, Monty

• Like 5

Welcome Monty. It's a great site with more knowledge than you can shake a stick at. Just ask.

We try to keep the silliness levels low, but hey, sometimes it just gets too much :laugh:

I hope you have somewhere warm to do your modelling.

As for pictures, I use imgur. Easy drag and drop and it will resize them for you. I use 640 x 480. 

Kit prices are on the rise, so look around and buy now if you can.

Cheers, Pete

Welcome aboard Monty. As Pete says, there are many on here who are willing to help with whatever questions that you may have. Just take a couple of minutes to look around the site and ask in the appropriate section. That way you'll get a quicker answer. Like Pete, I also use Imgur. It's very simple to use, and best of all.......it's free!!

Oh, and just one correction for you. With your imminent retirement looming on the horizon, don't make the mistake of thinking that all of a sudden you are going to have loads of free time. WRONG!! That's when all of those jobs that you keep putting off, suddenly leap out at you. And then there's SWMBO. She will always find something for you to do. But if you do find some spare time, enjoy your modelling.

John.

Hi Monty, welcome from another relative newcomer.  The others are right, both about the depth of knowledge there is here and the willingness of people to share it.  Sadly, John's also right about the way time seems to disappear under the weight of things that must be done!

Enjoy your modelling, you're in good company.

Hello Monty, it's good to have you here.  The forum's membership offers a wealth of experience and advice to those who are getting started or are in the intermediate stages (I like to think of myself as being an intermediate, skill-wise, but I may be flattering myself here!) and help is given freely.  It's a very nice community to be part of and I hope very much that you enjoy it.

Hello Monty … :post1: from the city by the lake Chicago, I was raised in Northern Wisconsin (Tomahawk) myself. Miss it quite dearly to be honest now that Im older. Im mostly into military aircraft, however do build armor and sci-fi for a change.  

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...