1/48 Hawker Typhoon Mk. Ib, 247 Sqn

Hello,

Here's my just finished 1/48 Hawker Typhoon Ib. It's the Italeri rebox of the Hasegawa kit. The Hasegawa kit is not without its issues, mostly around the cockpit, but Italeri added a whole bunch of more trouble. For some reason they included the 3 bladed prop only, while all the decal options are for 4 bladed ones, as far as I could find. The same goes for the horizontal tail surfaces, only one type is included, although I haven't researched if these are the original ones or the later Tempest type. Therefore they might be incorrect for my build. Other problems were the exhausts, and no mention about what to do with the landing lights in the wing leading edges. I had some problems finding good pics of the combination of 3 bladed prop with later canopy, but @KoenL and his 2 ATAF books helped me out. I settled on MM963, ZY-W of 247 Squadron flown by Flt.SGt. J.A.D Meechan at B.6 Coulombs some time after D-Day. The camouflage was done with Humbrol paints,, the invasion stripes are Tamiya, the markings and roundels etc were all done with Colourcoats using Maketar masks. The serials are cobbled together from a Spitfire sheet by Flevodecal. The exhausts are from Eduard.

oMrgHsR.jpg

f6OqTcX.jpg

r3mvBLe.jpg

6xpm1pz.jpg

I'm glad it's finally finished. Thanks for looking, I hope you like it.

• Like 28

• 3 weeks later...