***Finished*** Hasegawa Jaguar

Here we go, should get round to starting seeing as I've had the kit for 4 days, also going to be building something else outside of the scope of this GB, is some relation in the subject matter, will be strategically appearing in the WIP photos, though I have to decide how to proceed, with it, my kit is missing the forward fuselage (and instrument panel decals), so must either buy a new kit or do a salvage job. 

AB9167D2-DC0B-497A-9632-DF737E499252_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Will try to keep the tonka appearances to a minimun, but here is the one thats is going to be scrapped when this is done to slavage the forward fuselage, fiinished new years day 2015, was very pleased at the time, but my standard is far higher now, 

E9B88D60-80E8-49A9-9DEC-B51A09996614_zps

And some actual progress on the jag, cockpit is as expected of hasegawa of the era, doesn't bother me, especially with the pilot figure included 

AB126753-429F-4C91-8C5B-E6B1CF65D767_zps

51 minutes ago, eng said:

Hase Jag is one of my fave kits ever! Great combo.

Eng

Indeed. I remember building it as a kid, think it was my first Hasegawa kit and I was smitten. Its long gone now, but funnily enough I found the main undercarriage from it tonight in an old box of kit bits n bobs. Funny what survives the years.

Is it going wrap around camo, Stu or LAG underbelly?

• Like 1

Not going to plan now, the fuselage halves on the tornado were not as well glued as I thought, so the wing sweep mech came loose and I had to do some surgery, and of course the fwd fuselage won't go back on, have to use aradide I suspect, and do a fair bit of sanding and filling, meantime I added the stand hole to the jag, maybe Ill paint it seperatly to the tonka 

Just need to clean up the canopy frames and it will be ready for glossing :) Pondering on wether to order the freightdog tanks for it or cheat pick a loadout without them, do have a slight problem, the finished harriers nose prob has been catapulted into the void, can't find it anywhere 

9DBBFE01-F9D4-4DBC-A040-0B972F590CBB_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Right been a bit busy, no modelling last couple of days, have finally done what I kept intending to do recently and go cold turkey on the gentlemans liquid during the weekdays, perfect distraction was to put some decals on, 4 sides of the aircraft and  4 weekdays should make sure I stick to it 07A41639-A5F5-43B3-BADA-3E8325CF6ED7_zps

• Like 5

Decals all on the jag as there is so few on the top and bottom surfaces I did them all in one go, the phantom not so simple, only got on half the top ones so looks like my 4 night estimate is going to be 6, as the bottom also looks as busy. Enjoying this not drinking business, think from now on decalling will be reserved for the weeknights. 10569E1F-7C11-413C-87AB-3E01A754226B_zps

Good work on the drink control. Its tough. I'm working on that too. Gets easier after a few nights thought, eh? 

PM me, if you ever need to talk more on that angle. 

Edited by SoftScience
  • Like 1

Will be finished today, first cost of Matt varnish has already gone on which will be the 2nd finished model of the weekend.  Have to decided what to start next as I have only 3 builds left on the go, (4 if my valiant is counted which I'm trying to paint strip). One is obviously the phantom which just needs decalling during the weeknights, the 2nd my mossie that should be ready to join thebphantom later, and the 3rd is my b58 which at the tricky stage of trying to get the gear doors in the up position so hardly progressing.

Slight issue, both tanks came loose so the x decals on the underside are no longer full x's, not really notible cept upclose as the tanks obscure the gaps, but any it is now done unless I decided to try and paint in the missing bit. Also thought I throw in the other finished build49F499FD-FFC7-410F-A278-5552D3790B34_zps

• Like 4

On 21/03/2017 at 10:51 AM, wimbledon99 said:

Nice outcome and another for the gallery :goodjob: 

Indeed and it's now there, need to start something new now, have too more nearing completion and when there done there will be alarmingly low no. of models on the bench.....