1/48 Pro Modeler F-86D Sabre Dog

wisco7

After a long break I decided to start up again with this 1/48 Pro Modeler F-86D Sabre Dog. The kit was excellent to build and had no issues. The only important thing to do was to weigh down the nose area so it wouldn't become a tail dragger. The model was primed with Testors gloss black enamel polished and re-glossed then I applied AlcadII metallic s varying shades. Hope you like it.

DSC01068_zpsjlxtpdcl.jpg

DSC01070_zpsbw3tdpic.jpg

DSC01073_zpsskvzlr8v.jpg

DSC01074_zpsrsk0wrdv.jpg

DSC01076_zpsjjsmib0q.jpg

DSC01078_zpsrothaaty.jpg

• Like 23

That's lovely :)

If it matters to you, the ejection seat handles were moulded in the "fired" position. Tease the seat out, clip off the vertical strut and bend them down to meet the front corners of the seat. Glue them into position and Robert's your father's brother.

Edited by Jessica

That's lovely :)

If it matters to you, the ejection seat handles were moulded in the "fired" position. Tease the seat out, clip off the vertical strut and bend them down to meet the front corners of the seat. Glue them into position and Robert's your father's brother.

Thank you Jessica. Excellent observation!! Im just going to leave them the way they are. I do have another one to do which will have the corrected handels.

Steve :rolleyes:

:goodjob:

Thank you F-32. :rolleyes: