Cockerel and Shark

nodnodnod I may have got a little carried away. :lol:

To be honest, I'm regretting that I chose that kit, because the aircraft on the box art is from GC.III/4 based at Maison Blanche in Algeria during 1940. That's a wartime NiD-622, which is pretty interesting! :D The badge looks to be of a winged demon holding a serpent in its claws with a pentangle over the top.

I think I've got that somewhere on the cover of of an obscure NWOBHM album! :lol::wacko:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good so far Enzo, I'm seeing a strong resemblance to an Albatros D.V in the fuselage - does anybody else see it?

Wez

• Like 1

Looking good so far Enzo, I'm seeing a strong resemblance to an Albatros D.V in the fuselage - does anybody else see it?

Most certainly. I think it's a case of convergent evolution. The two aircraft were designed for the same job so it's not surprising they look similar - think of the Concorde and the TU-144.

I've made a bit of progress on these two.

Firstly the main struts have been added.

NiD-011.jpg

NiD-012.jpg

And on to the painting. Here is the Cockerel primed with Alclad2 grey primer. The white bits have been sprayed with Alclad2 white primer.

NiD-013.jpg

The green is Lifecolor UA501 Schwarzgrun RLM 70 lightened with about 10% of a light grey... whatever came to hand. There has been some severe paint creep under the masking for the white stripes. That's an artefact of my impatience. If I had misted the paint on in a number of coats, it wouldn't have happened. :wall: I now have to decide whether I want to mask and respray the white or whether I will use white decal stripes.

NiD-014.jpg

The Shark was also primed with Alclad2 grey. It was then sprayed overall with Lifecolor UA141 Gris Bleu Clair.

NiD-015.jpg

Undersurfaces masked off and the uppersurfaces sprayed with Lifecolor UA145 Gris Blue Fonce.

NiD-016.jpg

Getting very close to being able to apply those glorious huge roundels. :bounce:

• Like 4

You're right Enzo. Decalling is the best part of a build!

And big, bright French roundels are hard to beat!!! Cocorico!

JR

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not too kind - they are truly beautiful. You've been working on them and have seen them close-up from all sorts of angles, you know where bits went less than perfectly and you are entitled to be critical of your work, but I can see nothing to be ashamed of there :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1