2x Bf 109G-6 1/72 ( JG3 and RAF captured) - JG3 FINISHED + new close shots

Thanks Mish, i m happy you like it :) Its funcy kit to build (only the nose with the MGs.. i know more 109 kits has it done this way, but i prefere the way airfix chosed by their 109E - whole engine cowling as one piece, so you dont have to use putty there like crazy), realy recomending to anyone who wants to build some 109 :)

big thanks guys :) i m happy you like her even while she is not perfect :)) now i should work on the second one, but i m a bit scared of the dots camo for the RAF one.. the dots are way harder to make than stripes :( when i was trying it, i usualy ended up with that "spider" effect.. :/

Thanks Neu :) i used gloss coat (future/klar kind of stuff) and did wash over it - i forgot to apply deacals... :) so i applied the decals after, did some quick gloss coat over the decals(to protect it from wash), did wash over it and then i used microscale satin varnish all around (not on wheels ofcourse). I should probably give it one or two more layers of the satin varnish, because its still a bit glossy when there is some spot light close. But in shelf next to other kits it looks okish :) I did also airbrushed some matt varnish over the smoke trail (because i started to do the smoke with tamiya smoke, which is gloss paint), but i did not want to get the whitening effect on it, so i ll have to dull it down with pigments - have to get some brown pigment, only brown i have is a bit red too, so its not good :)

Now i m thinking what to do next.. i m realy scared of the dots on the RAF plane.. But i kind of feel i owe you some RAF Bf 109, so i m thinking about some RAF captured 109 from different time frame - ofcourse then it would not be finished as part of this GB :( Decisions.. I have so many kits i would like to build and sooo short time for it.. :/

Yesterday it was raining, today its not best weather as well but i decided to take few close shots anyway, as i promissed them :) So here are few detail shots, where you can see the little stuff i did not take shot while i was working on it (gear, exhausts, some underside weathering )

041.jpg

042.jpg

039.jpg

043.jpg

Now on with the dot camo practice.. :)

• Like 2

As usual Wolwe, you have turned out another great build, and another great wip. Good decision on

buying a base,(although I'm surprised you didn't make your own), it will make your models look a

bit more "natural".

Sean

• Like 1

Thanks Sean :) I need to learn how to make the bases, last time i was making one it was like 18 years ago and a lot of things changed since then .. :)

All the more reason to start making your own, plus it's a nice distraction from making aircraft,

Sean

• Like 1

Thanks Cpt_ :) I was trying to get as close to your drawing as possible, but i m still fighting the mottling technique a bit, so it is not exact copy :) (and i noticed just now, i was following the kit instructions for the tail wheel painting, should use RLM 02 there too based on your drawing.. :( )
I did some research around and noticed, there are voices around saying the vallejo colours are not best for the mottling paint work or generaly for paint work where you need much much thinned paints, because they do not dissolve that good.. But they are great for normal airbrush/brush painting (love vallejo for brush painting, tamiya paints can be pain for brush painting..). So i guess i ll have to keep geting some tamiya too for the mottling. And i did hear the gunze are great for that too. I guess things cannt be easy, right? :(

• Like 1