Sword 72nd scale Seafire XV, 767 Sqn. 1946

I was going to ask for an interpreter.We had a very broad speaking Glaswegian at a firm I used to

work for.

He always knocked about with one of the local Stoke lads,whom we reckoned back then was the Glaswegian's

personal interpreter.

Seriously though Col,you've certainly grabbed the knack of doing a nice Spit or Sea.

PS, for viewers outside of NE Scotland, press your Red Button now for subtitles!

I'll just get my dad to look at this, it'll remind him how a Scottish accent should be! (He's Glaswegian, but hasn't lived there for 30 odd years...)

Nice Seafire by the way, especially with that small scale.

Sean

• Haha 1

How nay? It's bin oot for a wee whiley noo. Ah've git twa o'them and jist aboot finished making tha furst een, richt guid it is in aw. Aany hoo, back to Seafires....

Weil 'at me teen twa o them ana fae the wee shoppie jist doon the road. Een tae dee a braw bonny RAF jobbie fan they were jist new oot then anither tae dee as een o them Spanish lads. It can sit aside the twa-seater I wis gan tae dee as anither Spanish een.

Now, for those of you not familiar with the doric;

I have finally purchased a pair of the new and rather spiffing Airfix Harrier kits from my local model purvayors with a mind to construct them in conjunction with a previously purchased via the wonders of internet retailling from those most commendable chaps at MJW Models Sword Harrier T.2 kit. One of the aforementioned Airfix kits will wear the early No.1 Sqn. markings as supplied within the box wereas the other will accompany said Sword kit in representing machines of the Spanish Navy.

Aricht?

• Haha 1

Oh, almost forgot, currently tinkering with the Seafire's undercarriage but it's been a busy week away from the bench so not much progress worth showing yet.

Weil 'at me teen twa o them ana fae the wee shoppie jist doon the road. Een tae dee a braw bonny RAF jobbie fan they were jist new oot then anither tae dee as een o them Spanish lads. It can sit aside the twa-seater I wis gan tae dee as anither Spanish een.

Now, for those of you not familiar with the doric;

I have finally purchased a pair of the new and rather spiffing Airfix Harrier kits from my local model purvayors with a mind to construct them in conjunction with a previously purchased via the wonders of internet retailling from those most commendable chaps at MJW Models Sword Harrier T.2 kit. One of the aforementioned Airfix kits will wear the early No.1 Sqn. markings as supplied within the box wereas the other will accompany said Sword kit in representing machines of the Spanish Navy.

Aricht?

Or, as the Swedish Chef would say:

I hefe-a feenelly poorchesed a peur ooff zee noo und rezeer speeffffing Eurffeex Herreeer keets frum my lucel mudel poorfeyurs veet a meend tu cunstrooct zeem in cunjooncshun veet a prefeeuoosly poorchesed feea zee vunders ooff internet reteeeling frum thuse-a must cummendeble-a cheps et MJV Mudels Svurd Herreeer T.2 keet. Um de hur de hur de hur. Oone-a ooff zee effuremenshuned Eurffeex keets veell veer zee ierly Nu.1 Sqooedrun. Eeengy beeengy deeengy! Merkeengs es sooppleeed veethin zee bux vherees zee oozeer veell eccumpuny seeed Svurd keet in representeeng mecheenes ooff zee Spuneesh Nefy. Bork bork bork!

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Nice work, Col.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you gents. If truth be told I found the kit no more of a challenge that a typical Airfix one from a few years back. Perhaps this is one of their better efforts? Certainly be happy to tackle another one any time.

Great job! I think a Spit, er, Seafire just looks great in those colours! I prefer it to OG/DG myself...

Cheers,

Bill

Have to agree with you there Bill. Perhaps because this is a less commonly seen scheme?

Very nice job indeed, Col.! The Sword Seafire Mk.XV's (early and late) are definitely on my very short list of to-buy kits.

Regards,

Jason

I can recommend this kit Jason. Some nice options and the decals are lovely quality.

I always prefer the look of the Malcolm Hood to the later bubble tops.
Lovely build. I built the Sword Auster, I know they can be a bit of a challenge.

Hmm, not sure if I have a preference on canopy type John, having said that the three part canopy certainly retains a particular air of traditional 'Spitfireness'.

• Like 1