This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish fairey

HobbyCraft Avia S-199

Here, as promised is the "before" picture, hosted by Lara and on top of the Wife's jigsaw she has been doing over Xmas. I am going to do the Avia it as it comes with just an Eduard cockpit set to tart it up a bit.

004_1024x768-1.jpg

Hope to make a start as soon as I get rid of all these jigsaw bits........

Slight change of direction.....I have aquired a set of decals for OK-BYE a red nosed Avia of the Czech police with a Rob-Taurus blown canopy and as it would be a shame not to use them, I will....

001-2.jpg

Start made..

Smudge

This one will be interesting. I will watch this one closely.

Cheers,

Like Arnold said, interesting scheme and certainly one i have never seen before, will be following with interest.

Not to go off topic but any ideas why the czech police needed 109's, seems a bit heavy handed??

Cheers, Stu

What a fantastic choice!

It's not the best looking plane ever, but looks aren't everything. Google the phrase 'A face only a mother could love' and you'll get my drift.

What a fantastic choice!

I have to agree! :thumbsup:

Nice one Smudge - I think this GB has the full house of 109's and derivatives now? :popcorn:

It's not the best looking plane ever, but looks aren't everything. Google the phrase 'A face only a mother could love' and you'll get my drift.

Sorry I disagree with you there! The 'Erla Haube' and the Jumo engine give it a rather handsome look.

Of course, it was an absolute dog to handle!!!

Slightly off topic but which 109G sub type spawned it?

Trevor

A mixture of late Gs, either G-14 or G-10. The S-99s were all G-10s.

I've a soft spot for the S-199 and the KP kits in particular. I've had a hankering for a whiffed CS-199 as a Luftwaffe '46 trainer, the Germans using Jumo 211s instead of the DB 605s they needed for frontline stuff. Although it would have to have captured RAF markings...

A mixture of late Gs, either G-14 or G-10. The S-99s were all G-10s.

So is it possible to graft the KP nose onto a Revell G?

Sorry Smudge, I'm hijacking your thread.

Trevor

Edited by Max Headroom

Dark Sea Grey Smudge... remeber Fly NAVY!

Colin

Nice progress. I also think that it was RLM02, but maybee I am wrong.

Cheers

Not sure it counts as rivet counting, but I had a chat with Yoav Efrati at SMW many years ago. He told me that the then latest take on the colour was a very close match to a green colour made by Revell. 359 I think it was. Could it have weathered to a shade near RLM02? What he also said was that the aircraft were being kept under cover (makes sense - they were precious assets), but they didn't really last long enough to fade noticeably.

Have the same project in a box somewhere, so following with interest.

Jens

Sign in to follow this