AZmodel/Legato/Admiral WWII aircraft - comments, questions and wishes

CzechKits.com

Thank you for the update Petr. You have a superb selection planned for this year. I have Heller and Finemolds BF 109 K, but an AZ Model one is very welcome indeed, strangely it is my favourite BF 109!

The DHC-1 is extremely welcome, and Curtiss 36/75 too. I wonder if the different cowl variations for different series will be options? It could give us options from French, American, British and Norwegian at the least. I started kit-bashing an Airfix P40 with a Smer Curtiss 75. Maybe now this project can fly into the dustbin? :)

Dewoitine 500/501/510 is eagerly awaited, again, part built Heller with Kora conversion is now probably flying into Dustbin.

Special Hobby have been promising Potez 19 and Breguet 25 for years. At least you gave us a superb Breguet 14 kit, and I did appreciate the rigging diagrams.

One day it might be nice for the Avro Tutor to be issued again?

Thanks again

Tony

Thank you for the update Petr. You have a superb selection planned for this year. I have Heller and Finemolds BF 109 K, but an AZ Model one is very welcome indeed, strangely it is my favourite BF 109!

I agree, I am very much looking forward for the G12 and K4 to hit the shelves. Please do the early ones one day. I really like the Heller B/C, but a new one imho really is needed, those kits are around 40 years old by now.

• Like 1

Special Hobby have been promising Potez 19 and Breguet 25 for years. At least you gave us a superb Breguet 14 kit, and I did appreciate the rigging diagrams.

FYI:

570dee66a2895_GrandModelsPotez25A2boxart

boxart of incoming Potez XXV from greek Grand Models

or polish mixed media...

IMGP2508.JPG

and Grand Models promised Breguet XIX after release of Potez25... So(-:

• Like 1

Charlie, preparing Armament set for Mig-23rd Will be available separately.

Dear Peter, can you please confirm that the new P-36 is a new tool, not a rebox from SpecialHobby/Azur , like the Morane Ms-406 :)

In the MS-406 case , it is actually a very good choice, but Azur (SpecialHobby) P-36 / H-75 is not a very good kit to start with....

FYI:570dee66a2895_GrandModelsPotez25A2boxart

boxart of incoming Potez XXV from greek Grand Models

or polish mixed media...IMGP2508.JPG

and Grand Models promised Breguet XIX after release of Potez25... So(-:

That is good news, Thank you :). It looks like another 'short run' kit, but certainly looks better than the Merlin or Hit Kit kits.

Why we are still floundering around in this wilderness of short run Potez 25 and Breguet 19 astounds me. These are extremely significant aircraft employed by a vast number of world air forces, they aren't simply 'obscure French aircraft'.

People have been frankly quite vocally bewildered at why they have not yet been mainstream kitted here on BM for at least 4 years, In reality many will have most probably been really wanting kits of even fair quality for over 25 years.

Broplan are probably the best game in town right now, but there are few distributors for these vac-forms, meaning expensive postage for many and also, many modellers aren't very confident with vac-forms (they're quite fun ;)).

I'm very glad this Greek manufacturer has seized the opportunity, I for one will risk my money, I may not be around by the time Special Hobby do these aircraft and I don't want to have to sell a kidney to afford an Omega resin Breguet 19! :shrug::D

Thanks for the good news,

Tony

• Like 2

What I really want to know is if I can directely order from AZ when the G12 and K4 are out? I would take 5 each and a bunch of the G2-14 joy packs, also the KPM S199s...

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Bf109G1-14 joy pack is out of stock according to the AZ homepage.

is that permanent, or will it return in a while?

Edited by Abakan

• 3 weeks later...

got a HUGE box with aound 30 kits i got on ebay and most are AZ/legato kits. Mostly P40 and about 5 or 6 Spitfires.

Lovely kits, but I am a bit surprised and baffled to see that the Spitfire PR 1 does not come with an injected canopy, contrary what the box says. I was under the impression that both the flat and bulged canopy would be included as injected versions, but there was just the bulged one. And that one was vacform.

got a HUGE box with aound 30 kits i got on ebay and most are AZ/legato kits. Mostly P40 and about 5 or 6 Spitfires.

Lovely kits, but I am a bit surprised and baffled to see that the Spitfire PR 1 does not come with an injected canopy, contrary what the box says. I was under the impression that both the flat and bulged canopy would be included as injected versions, but there was just the bulged one. And that one was vacform.

Dear Friend,

Model Spitfire PR.1G is very old thing. Yes, the version with bumps vacuform was because we did not know how to do technologically. These old models are rare, it has not normally buy. Otherwise, if you have a problem with Vacu cabin, write to our company. Spare vacu canopies can be free to send much needed. You still have somewhere in the warehouse. Very best regards

Dear Peter, can you please confirm that the new P-36 is a new tool, not a rebox from SpecialHobby/Azur , like the Morane Ms-406 :)

In the MS-406 case , it is actually a very good choice, but Azur (SpecialHobby) P-36 / H-75 is not a very good kit to start with....

Dear Edd,

Yes, I can confirm that the upcoming model P-36 is a completely new model. Now it is preparing in a 3D modeling artwork. Production is slow, but I think next year is anxious model in sales.

• Like 4

Dear Friend,

We please you. Right now proceed to prepare new metal molds for Bf 109G-10 Erla, Bf 109G-10 Regensburg and Bf-109K 4th Prerequisite selling them by the end of this year.

Any news regarding the G12??

I have a mixed feelings about the last AZ "Luftwaffe '46" issues (an in general about such "what if" kits). On one hand - some interesting concepts and project, never done in reality have now chance to meterialize as models - and it could be somehow interesting from point of view of history of aircraft engeneering etc. On the other hand it makes false image that German WWII designs were far beyond what was done by Allies. This is fabrication of myth - and on the box-art, when you sen some Messerschmitt jet project shoting down old B-17, it is a building up of this myth. He should shot at B-36, B47 or B49 perhaps. At similar stage of design to this German jet project were at least B36 (if not B47) and F84 in US at the end of WWII.

What is purpose of building such a myth about technical advantage of nazis? Especially, that in many fields of research the Alleies were far more advanced than Axis. Just to recall that the Manhattan project was designed agaist German nazi (not against Japan) and if the German would still fight in summer '45 the A-bomb will be dropped on Berlin or Munich, not on Hiroshima...

So at least I would suggest to think twice on all aspects before spending a lot of energy and time for preparing next kit from this topic.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
  • Like 10

Hi Peter,

Good news on P36/75 and BF 109K -4 :)

Is there still a plan to release a new line of Dewoitine D500/501/510?

Best regards

Tony

PS: Please re-release your BF-109 spinner 'swirl' decals. They're great, but very hard to find now :confused:

TT

Dear Friend,

We please you. Right now proceed to prepare new metal molds for Bf 109G-10 Erla, Bf 109G-10 Regensburg and Bf-109K 4th Prerequisite selling them by the end of this year.

Dear Peter,

that is most excellent news.

I hope to see the new Bf-109 molds at Plastic Winter, Bratislava.

With kind regards from a happy and devoted customer!

Roman

Let me answer in short on the last two posts -

The line of Dewoitine 500/501/510 is still in the pipeline. It will be released a little bit later, but it is in process.

To the Luftwaffe 46 projects - I am sure we are not building the nazi myth. We are answering the requests of the customers who want to build it. It is not necessary to look for anything behind it.

To the boxarts - all our new Me. 1106 are placed to the year 1946, are you sure that F-84 or B-36 is in this year appropriate counterpart? Me not.

And just a remark to the technology advance in the last stages of the war - nazis (as you wrote, I usually use the word Germans) were the first who flew jets operationally.

But in the end, look at our release as it is - the plastic kit. It is not any political proclamation.

• Like 5

Let me answer in short on the last two posts -

The line of Dewoitine 500/501/510 is still in the pipeline. It will be released a little bit later, but it is in process.

To the Luftwaffe 46 projects - I am sure we are not building the nazi myth. We are answering the requests of the customers who want to build it. It is not necessary to look for anything behind it.

To the boxarts - all our new Me. 1106 are placed to the year 1946, are you sure that F-84 or B-36 is in this year appropriate counterpart? Me not.

And just a remark to the technology advance in the last stages of the war - nazis (as you wrote, I usually use the word Germans) were the first who flew jets operationally.

But in the end, look at our release as it is - the plastic kit. It is not any political proclamation.

Hi,

Good to hear about the D-500 series.

Just to clarify; first flight of F-84; February 1946, first flight of B-36; August 1946.

It seems Jerzy-Wojtek had a period appropriate pair of adversaries, given first flight of P-1106 was and would have been...never, as it was a prototype dropped by the RLM as having no advantages over the P-1101.

The P-1101 led to the Bell X-5. Had France granted plans to American and German parties in 1945, the 80% complete P-1101 could have been completed, making it possibly a 'Luft, late 45' project.

Can't please all of the people all of the time, me included. Nevertheless for a complete and utter 'whif' arbitrarily quoted at 1946, F-84 and B-36 would quite possibly be even earlier adversaries if the war had still been current, due to pressure to enter service.

I'm normally supportive of AZ. Have to say, looking at it just as a kit, that P-1106 box art isn't AZ's finest :confused:.

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

That is a good answer Jan

I am one of those modellers who enjoy the so-called "luft '46" kits.

I do not support the ideology behind that regime, I just like unusual plastic kits :whistle:

Philip.

(I also like sci-fi..... :shrug: )

• Like 1

Dear Jon,

If there is no politics behind it at all - just to proove it - have you considered a kit of Miles M.52 by AZ in close future? And on box art you have a dog fight with P. 1106....

What worry me a bit is what you said - that there is a kind of demand for Luftwaffe '46 kits - but I know that market demand is something what is constructed - it does not come from nowhere....

As I said in my previous post - I see some interesting idea of doing models of never meterialized aircraft projects but I have reflection on the observation that somehow it is mostly about German WWII projects. Why there is no demand for let say "Czech 1941" projects? I mean - Czech machines which were in concept form in 1939...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Dear Jon,

If there is no politics behind it at all - just to proove it - have you considered a kit of Miles M.52 by AZ in close future? And on box art you have a dog fight with P. 1106....

What worry me a bit is what you said - that there is a kind of demand for Luftwaffe '46 kits - but I know that market demand is something what is constructed - it does not come from nowhere....

As I said in my previous post - I see some interesting idea of doing models of never meterialized aircraft projects but I have reflection on the observation that somehow it is mostly about German WWII projects. Why there is no demand for let say "Czech 1941" projects? I mean - Czech machines which were in concept form in 1939...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Dear Jerzy-Wojtek,

I think that you've already made your point. Some people are interested in the German aeronautical research going on during the end of the war – some of it was years before the Allies, wing sweepback and guided missiles, for instance. Other projects were just brainfarts. If you're not interested, just vote with your credit card and don't buy the kits.

But please stop preaching and moralising about others' interests.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

Well, thank you for correction, let me apologise, as USAF is not my cup of tea, I did not realise when the first flights were done (F-84, B-36).

To the other projects or prototypes, we are for instance working on one very interesting, scheduled for Telford this year and...., it is British.

At second - Czech projects 1941 could be found in our catalogue, we have done some Avia B-135 for instance. And Kikka is Japanese, we also have done it.

Pirate in what-if is US aircraft etc. etc.....

To the customer needs and wishes to build LW 46 planes - we as a producer are not creating demand, we have to produce supply....

And it is from our side the final point for "Case Me 1106"...... :-)

• Like 4