Vulcan Farewell tour - Southend viewing spot?

JeffreyK

Timings on Friday by email,if you're registered (its free)

Right, I don't have a car so it's either public transport or a hire car/club car, with the train being usually a lot cheaper for just one person.

I just wish they would be a little more specific about these viewing points...

The airfield/airport viewing area is an easy one,towns not so easy.

Looked last night and the route was over a village close to mine. checked again and the route is now over my Village. Am very happy unless it changes again!

Unlikely to change again now, only exception being bad weather (weather looks fine though, huzzah! :D ) or technical issues-which are exceedingly unlikely, I imagine the ground team will be checking her for any faults ahead of the tour. If they changed it again, they would have to resubmit it for CAA approval, I would imagine.

Sam

Unlikely to change again now, only exception being bad weather (weather looks fine though, huzzah! :D ) or technical issues-which are exceedingly unlikely, I imagine the ground team will be checking her for any faults ahead of the tour. If they changed it again, they would have to resubmit it for CAA approval, I would imagine.

Sam

Brilliant :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Any idea when she will be at Cosford.... gotta go see her one last time. Dammit I know I'm gonna end up blubbing!!!

Apart from the date (Saturday) I don't know, timings will be released on Friday perhaps? If it's any help, Cosford is just over half way on her trip, with both trips leaving in the afternoon. I would expect anywhere between 1 and 3:30 (estimate).

Sam

Apart from the date (Saturday) I don't know, timings will be released on Friday perhaps? If it's any help, Cosford is just over half way on her trip, with both trips leaving in the afternoon. I would expect anywhere between 1 and 3:30 (estimate

Sam

Thanks Sam.....will be there armed with a huge camera lense!

• Like 1

Thanks Sam.....will be there armed with a huge camera lense!

I'll be there with my usual p**s poor camera but this time I won't zoom in as it passes, messing up the resolution of the image. :D

Sam

Edited by cathasatail

I'll be there with my usual p**s poor camera but this time I won't zoom in as it passes, messing up the resolution of the image. :D

Sam

Well if you need any photos I would be more than happy to email any to you.......

Rich

• Like 1

FINAL TOUR ROUTES ARE OUT!

-When on the maps, click each waypoint on the map to check the time, *times are relative to the takeoff time.*

Saturday (northern tour): https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k9_QAWQWnmes

Sunday (southern tour): https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k3u8IUZTll6M

Hope that helps!

Sam

• Like 1

thanks.. what is the take-off time though ? click on Doncaster all it says is 'take off'

Takeoff time will be released in the morning -for tomorrow- and it will probably be the same time on Sunday.

My estimate: given that Cosford have said they're expecting it at 3:30pm and the map says Cosford is 160 minutes away, so based on that, the Vulcan should be taking off at around 12:50.

Sam

• Like 1

I will be at Cosford! Camera at the ready, trying not to be distracted by the Hunter near the gate...

It been looking like it needs a bit of love though, poor thing :( I'm sure they'll clean it up after they've done the stunning vc 10

Sam

• Like 1