Hawker Woodcock

Deacon

Just finished this tonight.

I have to confess that there are a couple of mistakes which I noted whilst applying the decals.

I did struggle to work out where some bits should go from Aeroclubs instructions.

Anyway, here are a few shots.

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Deacon

Silver Wings have just released one in 1/48.

http://www.silverwings.pl/oferta.php?page=skala48_en

obviously not for everyone, but it does look rather impressive!

Will

Thanks, Will. Bazinga! on the cost, guess I could ask the wife for one for our 25th wedding anniversary... it is a *beautiful* bit of tooling, however. Perhaps I will scratch one from card, if I can get a hold of some decent plans...

Regards,

Robert

Perhaps I will scratch one from card, if I can get a hold of some decent plans...

I scratch built a 1/72 scale Woodcock years ago using Alfred Grainger's plans - I think they were called Data Plans. They'll be all you need.

Great model Deacon.

Cheers

Al

• 2 weeks later...
Nice model! Thanks for posting.

If you have occasion please post a few more, may be taken in day light.

Carlos

Here are a coupld of day light photos Carlos, I hope you like them.

IMG_7760.jpg

IMG_7759.jpg

Thanks everyone for your encouragement by the way. :speak_cool:

Deacon

• 2 weeks later...

Very good job, Deacon. Could you tell us what paints and decals you used; especially, what conclusions did you reach for interior colors? A couple months ago, I suggested to Model Allliance/Aviation Workshop that it would be nice to do decals for all the old Aeroclub interwar kits, but got no reply.

• 2 months later...

Regarding that Silver Wings Hawker Woodcock, last look it was approx £69.00, any ideas if there is a cheaper alternative out there, in a similar scale as need it as reference towards a painting? Great photo of 72nd scale, has re energised my search for this as deadline looming!

Regarding that Silver Wings Hawker Woodcock, last look it was approx £69.00, any ideas if there is a cheaper alternative out there, in a similar scale as need it as reference towards a painting? Great photo of 72nd scale, has re energised my search for this as deadline looming!

I don't know of another 1:48 kit, not even Aeroclub made one. The Silver Wings offering is expensive but it is of extremely high quality, I've never built a better kit, not even from Tamigawa; if you're worried about quality don't be, though holding back because of the price is quite understandable.

Looking forward to seeing more Woodcocks!

David