Tamiya 1/32 Spit

nick

Nearly there, flaps, a few decals on the spinner and prop to do, finish the exhausts off. Then I might have to declare it finished :D

Not planning on weathering any more as I reckon it would have been kept fairly pristine

On the other hand if I don't spend some time with better half now I'm going to have to find somewhere to live.

Nick

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

Edited by nick

Awesome work Nick... making me wanna break into mine, but scared to muck it up... one quick thing that was picked up on one of my 1/48th builds... should the crowbar in the cockpit door be red? I was led to believe it was only painted this in present warbirds rather than "in service" aircraft.... correct me if i'm barking up the wrong tree though!

Got one, going to be watching this very closely.

Awesome work Nick... making me wanna break into mine, but scared to muck it up... one quick thing that was picked up on one of my 1/48th builds... should the crowbar in the cockpit door be red? I was led to believe it was only painted this in present warbirds rather than "in service" aircraft.... correct me if i'm barking up the wrong tree though!

Quite right; red for present day aircraft. I believe correct colour should be either black or interior green. If in doubt you can always leave the crowbar off; it wasn't always carried.

Edited by tompot

Nick that is very inspirational indeed. The cockpit is sensational. I did pick up some of the new Tamiya paint and was debating on using it, but you have convinced me. Can I ask what flat coat and gloss coats you use? Since the Testors changed their Polly Scale clears, I am still searching for replacements.

Thanks and very lovely job indeed.

Cheers

Brad

Er WOW!.

Only one tiny criticism.

BIGGER pics please Nick, so I can see it in all its glory.

richc

What like these then?

4260453480_ea0f1c4fa4_o.jpg

4260452286_0b29fceab0_o.jpg

4260450268_72d9451bd6_o.jpg

Any chance of some engine close-ups? That little jewel deserves a few frames of its own.

Here's some, hmm need to clean the MIG Rust and hair off the engine then - hadn't spotted that until now :fraidnot:

4262528870_e30432862a_o.jpg

4261746397_08bc312acb_o.jpg

Nick

Ah, that's a sweet job. You've even modelled the fabric strips on the cowling-bearers. And drilled through the druz-mounts. Nice. :)

Nice of you to notice. Perhaps we should get out more :analintruder:

Nick