Diirty Gurllll - Ferret 1/35

Hi, Folks, latest one from me.  By a coincidence I received this recently for my birthday and it come up on my Sultan thread as SMM models were suggested for 12m masts by @ivan-o, which happen to be made for the Ferret, so I also ended up getting their Ferret upgrade kit as well.  I meant to re-do this for a while as I confess I rushed the first one I did.

The upgrade kit includes new hatches, replacement extinguishers and shovel, PE exhaust covers, reflectors and a new exhaust fish tail.  I really like that I can choose to have the drivers small hatch open.  I would definitely get another one if I decided to re-do it again.  I also widened the grills on the kit part and replaced the rubies with clear resin.  SMM do load of extras and you could easily fork out twice the kit price in upgrades.

Paints are a mixture of Tamiya, Humbrol and Mig as were the weathering pigments.  Gloss coat was Quick Shine, Vallejo matt varnish.

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17081&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17084&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17083&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17082&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17087&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17086&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17085&authk

The jerry cans are from the spares box.  Water was left over from the Academy Warrior and the fuel was from the Hobby Boss Jackal.  The straps were tape and the buckels come with the upgrade kit.

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17088&authk

Pleased with how the exhaust come out.  It was the first time I used rust pigments.  

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17090&authk

Bill

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Andy H said:

She needs a good hosing down. Nice one! 😎👍

It. puts the lotion on its skin.....ops sorry wrong movie 😄

Edited by Big_Bad_Bill
fat fingers on phone keyboard
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Very nicely done Bill. The mud is very realistic looking.

John.

Cheers John. I tried to use different shades and did the last application mixed with Quick Shine to make it look wet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Nice work with the upgrades.  Looks like it has been having some cross country fun.

Thanks. I was going for the "two weeks on Soltau" look.