The Hammer and Sickle- 1/48 diorama

Hi all,

I was working on this one in the entropy group build but didn't get it finished in time to post to the gallery their. I started around August and have worked on an off with it since, with other projects in between. I loved making it. Its all scratch built including the KV turrets, crane and boiler thingy. The kits I did use where the hobbyboss 1/48 KV2, the figures are tamiya and the oil drums are resin ones from ebay. If your interested the WIP thread is here:

The finished

product:

IMG-2162.jpg

IMG-2163.jpg

IMG-2165.jpg

IMG-2168.jpgIMG-2167.jpgIMG-2166.jpgIMG-2170.jpgIMG-2173.jpgIMG-2169.jpgIMG-2171.jpg

IMG-2174.jpgIMG-2176.jpgIMG-2177.jpgIMG-2178.jpgIMG-2179.jpg

IMG-2182.jpg

Thanks for looking in, All feedback and comments welcome. All the best,

Paul

Edited by Muchmirth
Added pic
  • Like 25

I think that's marvellous. It reminds me of some scenes in Enemy at the Gates. It was a very ambitious idea for a GB but I'm glad you pressed on and finished it. I see lots of well thought out details like the rust patterns on the crushed ducting.

Your presentation is very good, using concrete as a background for your photos is an excellent idea. The base is Soviet Brutalist architecture to the life. 

Outstanding diorama all the way!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I think that's marvellous. It reminds me of some scenes in Enemy at the Gates. It was a very ambitious idea for a GB but I'm glad you pressed on and finished it. I see lots of well thought out details like the rust patterns on the crushed ducting.

Your presentation is very good, using concrete as a background for your photos is an excellent idea. The base is Soviet Brutalist architecture to the life. 

Outstanding diorama all the way!

Thanks Bertie! It’s funny we were chatting about this one about a year ago  and we joked then that I need to go a month without eating or sleeping to get the two builds finished in time before the gb ended!

The brutalist soviet architecture was based upon my work buildings!😆

• Like 1