What's this? Oh... not much... just a Bf 109, Fw 190, Spitfire, Hurricane, and Mosquito taxiing by. Nothing to see here...

Troy Smith

What's this? Oh... not much... just a Bf 109, Fw 190, Spitfire, Hurricane, and Mosquito taxiing by. Nothing to see here... Enjoy the

https://www.facebook.com/reel/6818852324896004/

May not work if not on farcebook.... but if you are...

I presume this is Seattle area?  Evergreen museum?  (note B-52 in background) 

Anyway.... enjoy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

I presume this is Seattle area?

Pretty close to Seattle - FHCAM - Paine Field Airport, Everett. They look really nice, impressive even, but I don't think I would use any of them as reference material for a model.

• Thanks 1

This is the former Paul Allen collection, which allegedly was sold in its entirety to an enthusiast & warbird pilot with enough financial backing. 
Apparently, up until a few months ago it was all still in the Everett site - perhaps they have come to an arrangement where the facilities and collection are split in ownership but remain on location?

• Like 1

That was an entertaining few minutes.  Thanks for posting. 

I agree that they might not be direct references for strict historical model purposes, but it's really nice that we still have these things and can get an impression of how they moved and what they sounded like.

Loved it.

cheers

Rob

Agree that the painting probably was not researched very deep, but stunning to see how the actual aircraft moved and sounded.

And then, I just can't fathom the use of portrait format when filming taxying warbirds. I guess that users of cell phones only have one way of holding it, but...

Rant over, I'll be happy to see and hear other warbirds, so just bring 'em on

/Finn

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Pretty close to Seattle - FHCAM - Paine Field Airport, Everett. They look really nice, impressive even, but I don't think I would use any of them as reference material for a model.

8 minutes ago, FinnAndersen said:

Agree that the painting probably was not researched very deep, but stunning to see how the actual aircraft moved and sounded.

Actually one of my initial thoughts was how good and well researched the colour schemes are!

Matt finish, nothing on any made me think 'oh no' 

Note the Hurricane is done as a Canadian based plane  and they used slightly different colours to British ones, caught here.

Regarding the Fw190, the one found in Russia after 50 years, it's controversial but they did research it, though IIRC some colours found were even more in question.

Glad it was of interest, I posted as I just found it fascinating seeing these on the same sequence  and thought others might as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/12/2023 at 21:24, Ed Russell said:

I cannot speak for the UK planes, and it makes a difference that all are in brand new, fresh from factory, ,pre-war standards delivered state... but at least for German a/c I came, after extensive research (meaning hundreds of books and the internet) to a happy modelling conclusion: there was practically nothing that didn't exist, so I can get away with most things ;)

Cheers