Kinetic 1/48 Kfir C.2 - Smashing Parrot Squadron

Hi all, built this Kinetic Kfir as part of the Dassault GB. I'd had the kit for a while but it sat in the stash as I'd heard some stories about Kinetic kits but I'm glad I had a go at it as it turned out to be quite a nice kit. 

The WIP can be found here:

Overall this was an enjoyable build, had a few fit issues most notably the intakes and the fuselage join at the tail but nothing too bad. My biggest criticism would be how vague the instructions are at times, the undercarriage was especially vague and as this kit can be built as a C.2 or C.7 some diagrams were quite cluttered with a plethora of options and different variant specific parts.

Nevertheless though this was a fun build and I can definitely see myself building more in the future. Kinetic's decision to have Isradecal design the decals was a great move and the kit options are all fantastic, though I used some spare decals to build this as a Smashing Parrot Kfir.

Painted with Vallejo acrylics and a Vallejo panel line wash, stencils are from the kit with the squadron insignia and numbers being Isradecal.

Here are the photos:

20230610_163340

20230610_163436

20230610_163522

20230610_163600

20230610_162506

20230610_162550

20230610_162258

20230610_162230

And it's also just turned a year since I built my first kit, a Kfir as it turns out!

20230609_230452

20230609_225819

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 34

15 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

Absolutely brilliant finish on those. I noticed you haven't added the wingtip lights on the grey one. You lose them?

Thanks Deano- in my rush to finish it for the GB I must have forgot, thanks for pointing that out. I can get those fitted, luckily I still have the sprues! 

• Like 1

very nice Kfir! I love the subtl camo and desert tanks. Somehow, compaired to the kfir with desert camo I think you've thinned your paint better with less thick layers.. Hope I don't offend you...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fred piket said:

very nice Kfir! I love the subtl camo and desert tanks. Somehow, compaired to the kfir with desert camo I think you've thinned your paint better with less thick layers.. Hope I don't offend you...

Thanks Fred, no offense at all! The desert Kfir was my first ever kit built about a year ago with the grey one being my recent build. I think the desert paint was Tamiya straight from the pot 😅

21 minutes ago, Luke1199 said:

Thanks Fred, no offense at all! The desert Kfir was my first ever kit built about a year ago with the grey one being my recent build. I think the desert paint was Tamiya straight from the pot 😅

That's progress in plain view. You have learned wisely 🙂 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Luke1199 said:

Thanks Deano- in my rush to finish it for the GB I must have forgot, thanks for pointing that out. I can get those fitted, luckily I still have the sprues! 

Well then I say a few more photograph's sir! You said an enjoyable build? I must say a rare thing from Kinetic. I should give it a go myself.

• Haha 1