Dassault Mirage III / V Single Type Group Build - 28 Sep to 29 Dec 2024

TEMPESTMK5

The IIIO airframe is based upon the IIIE airframe which is physically longer than the IIIC airframe. This can be seen when you look at the two side by side, the cockpit is further forward compared to the intakes of the IIIE based airframe, they're level with the rear of the canopy, on the IIIC the intakes are level with the middle of the canopy.

The intakes are the same on both airframes so it's not a case of shortening the intakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 5:00 AM, Wez said:

The IIIO airframe is based upon the IIIE airframe which is physically longer than the IIIC airframe. This can be seen when you look at the two side by side, the cockpit is further forward compared to the intakes of the IIIE based airframe, they're level with the rear of the canopy, on the IIIC the intakes are level with the middle of the canopy.

But remember that the rear fuselage on the Mirage IIIC is much larger than that in the Mirage IIIE due to the different Snecma Atar 9B engine on the former.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Am I invited to join this shindig? Lots of subjects I can think of.

I think I'm co-hosting this one in which case, go on then, of course you can.  Unfortunately, only Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 has the super user rights to add you to the list atm.  I'm sure he'll do that in a jiffy.

4 hours ago, Pajarito said:

But remember that the rear fuselage on the Mirage IIIC is much larger than that in the Mirage IIIE due to the different Snecma Atar 9B engine on the former.

That had already been mentioned but it's still worth repeating.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wez said:

I think I'm co-hosting this one in which case, go on then, of course you can.

Noiiiceee...!!! Many thanks, Wez, my mate.

I'm entering with a 1/48 Mirage 50C kit, having the Snecma Atar 9K engine. Still dunno whether it's going to be in Chilean or Paquistani (M5PA2) service.

Cheers,

Igna

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pajarito said:

I'm entering with a 1/48 Mirage 50C kit, having the Snecma Atar 9K engine. Still dunno whether it's going to be in Chilean or Paquistani (M5PA2) service.

Cheers,

Igna

Good evening Pajarito

Welcome aboard , see you next year for the start of this STGB ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pajarito said:

Cheers,

Igna

Great choice Inga, that's the beauty of this GB, so many unusual colour schemes, I'm hoping Special Hobby will have released either a IIIE or 5 based kit in 1/72nd in time for the GB, loads of great schemes available for those subjects

• Like 1

Good evening Mirage lovers

Everyone interested in building a Mirage III / V you just have to  wait a few months and the start of this Gb on September 28th to post your build ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I think thatt this Gb needs some more support so if you are interested to build a Dassault Mirage III V sign in ...

Oh, why not. I'm game.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Oh, why not. I'm game.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre

Welcome aboard and see you in a few months for the start of this Gb ...

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Billos said:

How does ths Group Build work? I have a Brazilian version of the Heller Mirage I'm just about to start.....

Good morning Billos 

First of all welcome aboard 

This Gb will start on September 28 th andf all you have to do to take part is open a thread and post photos of the various steps of your build ...

You can get some inspiration on how an STGB works by watching the Republic F-84 Jet fighter series STGB - Britmodeller.com 

Best regards and see you in a few months ...

Patrice 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Does the Mirage need to be "real?"

How about a Mirage IIICJ (J for Jugoslavija!) in spurious JRV markings?  It would be a WHIFF.

Good morning my friend

I am affraid no WHIFF alloawed for this STGB 

The Mirage has served under many different cockades in various countries , and I'm sure you'll find an interesting livery to decorate your kit.  

Best regards Patrice 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi.

Well, this year I think there has been GB planning that fits me like a glove.

Now, after joining the P-51 GB and the F-35 GB, I see this GB and I think it is the perfect opportunity to start one of the two Mirage IIIEE 1/72 that I have on the shelf: Modelsvit and PJ Production .

Spain had them at the Manises Air Base, a couple of km from my city, Valencia. As a child and teenager I saw them fly over my head several times in Andalucía, where I was born and raised, when they were going or coming from "visiting" the Morón de la Frontera Air Base.
They were only in Manises, from 1970 to 1992 when they were replaced by Mirage F.1 sent from the Air Base from Albacete.

With your permission I would like to join the group.

Andrés.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

With your permission I would like to join the group.

I think I can speak for the GB co-hosts when I say :welcome:  Andrés.  No permission needed.

A Spanish IIIEE would be a superb addition.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I think I can speak for the GB co-hosts when I say :welcome:  Andrés.  No permission needed.

A Spanish IIIEE would be a superb addition.  :thumbsup: 

Thanks !!!

Andrés.

1 minute ago, Andrés S. said:

Thanks !!!

Any thoughts on a marking scheme?  Big roundels or small roundels?  Or...  as you have two kits in The Stash...  maybe one of each?  You know you want to...   :wicked: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Any thoughts on a marking scheme?  Big roundels or small roundels?  Or...  as you have two kits in The Stash...  maybe one of each?  You know you want to...   :wicked: 

I always liked the image of the Spanish Mirage III with the large nationality insignia and that of the Spanish army on rudder (the blades on a white background also called Cruz de San Andrés, and that you can see a picture of the real cross under my name in the forum.).

The aircraft and squadron numbers are also somewhat different. Otherwise I think the camouflage colors and distribution are similar.

And for now I think that it will not carry any missiles, only the supersonic fuel tanks, the thinnest ones.

Andrés.

• Like 2

Andrés, @Enzo the Magnificent you would be very welcome with a Mirage IIIEE, I've always liked that scheme (especially the higher vis scheme you describe).

I'm sure Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 will be along to welcome you and add you to the list.

Remember, the GB doesn't start until the 28th September so don't go starting just yet...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wez said:

Remember, the GB doesn't start until the 28th September so don't go starting just yet...

There are plenty of Spanish subjects which would be suitable for the current NATO GB.  :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Andrés, @Enzo the Magnificent you would be very welcome with a Mirage IIIEE, I've always liked that scheme (especially the higher vis scheme you describe).

I'm sure Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 will be along to welcome you and add you to the list.

Thanks for the welcome. !!!

Yes, there is still a long time until September.

2 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

There are plenty of Spanish subjects which would be suitable for the current NATO GB.  :) 

The proposal is interesting thanks, but I wouldn't want to embrace more than I can handle.

Now I am in the GB of P-51 and I'm not very fast at modeling, a month and a half or maybe a couple of months per model is my fastest pace.

Andrés.

• Like 2

Good morning / Buenos días Andrés 

I join enzo and Wez in welcoming you aboard 

See you in september for the start of this Gb 

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning / Buenos días Andrés 

I join enzo and Wez in welcoming you aboard 

See you in september for the start of this Gb 

Best regards 

Patrice 

Good morning / Bon jour Patrice.

Thanks for the wellcome again.

See you in September, and for the moment only a vintage photograph.

53647542387_b310ef9499_o.jpg

Andrés.

• Like 3