Some of my 170 Completions since 2019 in 1/72 Scale (sort of by request)

18 hours ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Sorry to read of your neurological condition and it's associated chronic fatigue that is often a feature of neurological afflictions.

Thanks Mark, but I really can't complain, it's not as bad as the things you or your mum, and many other people, suffer from. I have Myasthenia Gravis and when first diagnosed my consultant said I was lucky ( :) ) as medical science still doesn't know what causes it, but it seems it may develop as MG in some people and MS in others. Who knows how these things go? 

Anyway, your models (and bases!) are an inspiration, and I actually managed to drag myself up to the model room this afternoon and got a couple of hours done!

Keith

• Like 1

I reckon that there has to be some "Award" here. Kinda like the VC for modelling Above and Waaaayyyy Beyond. And if there isn't, I'm Awarding It to you for Meritorious

Service🎖️

Regards, and please, keep em coming.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

May I ask what kit (or conversion set) this is?

Hi Roman.

It's the Heller M4 kit-bashed with the UM M32 ARV and T1E1 Mine Exploder parts. I used link & length tracks and PE brush-guards from an Extratech M4A3, and scratch-built some interior details and the mortar. Here's a link to my build-log:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/cegb-5-m32-arv-with-t1e1-mine-exploder-earthworm-u-t327552.html

• Like 1

@StuartH

Thanks, Stuart, I definitely intend to build more AFVs and Trucks, etc, this past year is the first where I have built military vehicles in almost equal numbers to aircraft (13 v 14) although they have tended to be a lot smaller despite all being to 1/72 scale...

320678421_843956040160156_70288686576727

320748443_1511841355966440_8810453603467

• Like 2

Hi Kiwi,

Thank you for posting photos of your models. Like everyone else I am very impressed by them and the relatively short time you build them in. It takes me a couple of weeks to build my kits.

You are an inspiration to us all, not just about the quality of your modelling but in your attitude to your life limiting and ultimately changing medical condition. I wish you well.

I rather like the 4th photo from the top, an AML 90, I think. The Gendarmerie legend is unique. Is it a decal? and if so where did you get it from. I may cheat a little and copy yours if you don't mind.

I wish you and your understanding wife a very merry Christmas.

Regards and best wishes

Missile Monkey    

1 hour ago, missile-monkey said:

Hi Kiwi,

Thank you for posting photos of your models. Like everyone else I am very impressed by them and the relatively short time you build them in. It takes me a couple of weeks to build my kits.

You are an inspiration to us all, not just about the quality of your modelling but in your attitude to your life limiting and ultimately changing medical condition. I wish you well.

I rather like the 4th photo from the top, an AML 90, I think. The Gendarmerie legend is unique. Is it a decal? and if so where did you get it from. I may cheat a little and copy yours if you don't mind.

I wish you and your understanding wife a very merry Christmas.

Regards and best wishes

Missile Monkey    

G'day Missile Monkey,

Thanks for your generous and kind words, I mention my PD to explain the liberating change in attitude it brought to my modelling. I have learned to deal with frustrations, although early on I went through a patch of smashing about a a quarter of builds at the 90%-finished stage, but now it's only about one to none per year.

It is indeed an AML-90 and in markings that are an option with the kit by Ace Model of Ukraine. I bought mine from my favourite supplier, Modelimex.com in the Czech Republic.  It's a well-fitting and good little kit on the whole, and no real vices at all. You may need to do a little bit of minor fettling in a couple of places. I built mine and its base over two days as my 8th entry in an armoured car GB over on Missing Lynx's Braille Scale forum. Here's a link to my build-log if you're interested...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/viewtopic.php?p=1674011#p1674011

it also includes more images of the finished model.

320933660_465436555746885_79583865650834

Merry Christmas and happy modelling in 2023!

Edited by Kiwikitbasher
Add image.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where on earth do you keep that An-224 Mark? Light aircraft hangar in the back garden??!! Although it does make a great table ornament....!! 🤣

Merry Christmas and a Happy, peaceful and healthy (as best as can be :) ) New Year to you and yours

Keith

54 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Where on earth do you keep that An-224 Mark? Light aircraft hangar in the back garden??!! Although it does make a great table ornament....!! 🤣

Merry Christmas and a Happy, peaceful and healthy (as best as can be :) ) New Year to you and yours

Keith

Hi Keith,

I couldn't fit it inside any of my display cabinets, so...

320570592_684052540026261_79900134285918

Merry Christmas and happy modelling in 2023!

• Like 3