Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Kiwikitbasher last won the day on June 2 2017

Kiwikitbasher had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,351 Excellent

1 Follower

About Kiwikitbasher

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
  • Interests
    Military and history in general

Recent Profile Visitors

624 profile views
  1. Kiwikitbasher

    T26E4 Super Pershing

    This is the Trumpeter 1/72 scale kit: Thanks for looking.
  2. Thanks Etienne, I didn't know that. I fund this on the Tank Encyclopedia website: The main gun itself was a stopgap weapon, derived from Type 95 field artillery gun, itself derived from the French Schneider 75 mm (2.95 in) field gun of WW1 fame. It was adapted as the Type 90 and, due to the short life of its barrel, was modified to have a lower muzzle velocity. It was characterized by its two muzzle brakes. The gun elevation was -10 +25 degrees and had a muzzle velocity of 680 m/s (2,200 ft/s). It could defeat 90 mm (3.5 in) of armor at 100 m (110 yd) and 65 (2.56 in) at 1000 m (1100 yd). This armament was completed by a hull-mounted 7.7 mm (0.3 in) Type 97 machine gun.
  3. This is the IBG 1/72 kit that took a couple of days to finish with some rather large crew figures by Germania Figuren. It was Japan's attempt to square up the M4 Sherman that was completely outclassing other Japanese tanks such as the Chi-Ha. An old French-designed WWI 75mm gun and 50mm of armour made the intent rather doubtful. This model represents a tank on the home front that never got to find out.
  4. Thanks Steve, I'm pretty sure the torps just rolled off the side into the water as per some early torpedo boats without tubes.
  5. Thanks Bernd, The camo bird is kit decals and the grey one is Xtradecal.
  6. Thanks Nikolay, Glad you liked them.
  7. Thanks Keith, Yes, it was definitely a crazy idea!
  8. Take a large underpowered amphibious tracked carrier, add a pair of torpedoes (making them dangerously top-heavy and unstable), strap two of them to the deck of a submarine, surface outside the enemy's lagoon harbour, take quite a while to prepare for launch, release the carriers and attack the ships in the lagoon! Anyway, the Ka-Tsu is a most unusual subject, and we have Riich Models (yes two i's) to thank for a quite nice 1/72 scale kit of it After a five-day build here's what I ended up with. My build log with images of modifications and scratch-built details is over on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale DG: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/viewtopic.php?f=47210&t=316081&p=1531131#p1531131 Thanks for looking.
  9. Kiwikitbasher

    Boeing F4B4 (Monogram 1/72)

    Hi Geoff, Despite having databased tens of thousands of references the only cutaway I have is this one: I do have several images of aircraft with panels and skin removed, and some good cockpit shots. If you want to email me using mark_davies at orcon dot net dot nz I'll reply and send them to you.
  10. Kiwikitbasher

    Adolph's Assassin Diorama

    Thanks to all for your comments above, and to Sgt SH, yes, UM kits have their issues but what a great range and good prices.
  11. Kiwikitbasher

    Dieppe Raid Churchill with bailing crew

    It's just a very big knife blade! But seriously, thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked it
  12. Kiwikitbasher

    Type 4 Ka-Tsu with Torpedoes

    Appreciate you checking, thanks.
  13. Kiwikitbasher

    Type 4 Ka-Tsu with Torpedoes

    Can anyone help with info on how the torpedo-armed Ka-Tsu was tied-down to its mother-sub? It appears it may have been on a pallet that was presumably lowered into position by a dock crane. I'd also appreciate any other images and info people may have to share (I already have that which a basic Google search finds).
  14. Kiwikitbasher

    Dieppe Raid Churchill with bailing crew

    Thanks Keith & Seahawk, Glad you liked it.
  15. This is the Dragon 1/72 Dieppe Churchill Mk.III kit with AB figures for the crew. The model is based on a photo of the tank, "Blossom" abandoned on the beach after the failed Operation Jubilee. The black line around the turret represents waterproof sealant that held a now ripped off waterproof canvas shield. Tattered remnants of this and the scraps of canvas on the glacis of the tank were made from zinc foil. The chespaling in front of the left-side track was made from thin dried twigs and lead wire. The real tank was driving on this and slipped off leading to chert (the type beach gravel) jam and break the right-side track. "Blossom fought on until running out of ammo and being abandoned by her crew. The project was spread over five days, and my build log can be found on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/dieppe-raid-churchill-t316010.html Thanks for looking.