1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - MiG-29 (9.12) & SMT (9.19) released - MiG-29 (9.12) early & (9.13) in the pipe line

Homebee

4 hours ago, alex said:

Wow, for the same price, you get a trumpeter MiG with all the bits and pieces needed for correction! I'm building that kit with attack squadrons intakes and eduards AA-11 (as only two included in the kit)

Alex

So for the same price you will probably still end up with a more inaccurate kit than the GHW one unless you spend time correcting the other problems with the Trumpeter kit, so I know where my money is going.

5 hours ago, Missick said:

Alex, I have built two Trumpeter Mig-29 and relatively  new Zvezda Mig-29 in 72nd scale. If you want to save money and not pay 55-60e for ultimate kit without hustle go with the Zvezda kit. 20e. I will stick to GWH new releases because they are joyful to work on. I even built 48th scale Mig-29 by GWH, great stuff...

I wish that Zvezda would release a 9-12, as that represents all the airframes that I want to build. Maybe eventually they will.

Hoops

Well, they're not the only one. Look at Eduard's MiG15 bis_weekend edition. 😉

Kit # 7461

All their wing markings are the same, yet fuselage are OK.

Guess, they employed kids with graphic design skills, but not any knowledge.

Yet, somebody in "higher office" stamped the approval for production?

I'll send my one to Ed 😀

z

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 "Fulcrum" family by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - MiG-29 (9-12) box art+schemes+test model - release onwards 2023

Hi guys, and a Merry Christmas to all of you. 😀

I was going to give myself a Christmas present in the form of this new Fulcrum, but after surfing eBug the cheapest 9-12 I saw was almost 70 USD (+/- 75€), with free shipping from China included. 

The model kit does seem to be very, very nice, with a great level of detail, and apparently there are already only a few left there, but 75€ for a 1/72 MiG-29? I don't want to come out as someone who's complaining or whining all the time, because that's not who I am at all, nor this post is an attack or critique on somebody or something. However, and personally speaking, I think it's a bit too much in this case, so I guess I'll be sticking to the Trumpys I have in my stash. 

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Like 1

I already saw cheaper on eBay (65 €) and for 45€ + shipping charges in an italian online shop.

So we simply need to wait for them in "local" shops.

Edited by MiG-Mech

2 hours ago, Violet Club said:

I wonder how it will compare with the Trumpeter Mig 29 (9-12) ?

It should be better, well more accurate anyway than the Trumpeter kit if the 1/48th scale kit is anything to go by.

Well, they are not longer available (?).

Brengun will fortunately publish them very soon.

But you have to cut the part for replacement and fill gaps.

Would not be necessary if it would be already correct at the kit.

9 hours ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

I was going to give myself a Christmas present in the form of this new Fulcrum, but after surfing eBug the cheapest 9-12 I saw was almost 70 USD (+/- 75€), with free shipping from China included. 

Part of the value is to pay the shipping.

Edited by luis pacheco

8 hours ago, alex said:

Well, the intakes can be closed without many problems. I used the attack squadron replacement parts, they fit nicely.

Alex

The bigger problem with the Trumpeter kit is the apparent shape issue which is why I avoided it.

On 25/12/2022 at 13:11, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Hi guys, and a Merry Christmas to all of you. 😀

The model kit does seem to be very, very nice, with a great level of detail, and apparently there are already only a few left there, but 75€ for a 1/72 MiG-29? I don't want to come out as someone who's complaining or whining all the time, because that's not who I am at all, nor this post is an attack or critique on somebody or something. However, and personally speaking, I think it's a bit too much in this case, so I guess I'll be sticking to the Trumpys I have in my stash. 

Well,  to be honest I got myself to similar  conclusion because I constantly changing the scale. Yes, I DO that 😆...Due to the new kits every month from various brands I am constantly struggling to finish wip projects 😫 ...and I buy new kits no matter what scale they are. I can't help myself. 

This is not very good,  my focus is off.

Back to this subject!! 1/48 scalw GWH Mig-29 costs 75 Euros in my local hobby shop, 9-12, special 9-13 is 80 Euros and the New Ukraine limited edition 1/48 GWH Mig-29 is 84 Euros!!!

So 72nd scale Mig 29 kit for 75 Euros as You saying is a lot! So small  (beautiful)...End* of story on my part. (* I will buy one for sure). 😆 

The same problem is with beautiful 1/72 GWH Su-35... 66 Euros! It's ok, I saying to myself big plane wow bla bla and bla...

but I found the 48th scale GWH Su-35 for 80 Euros... the better boxing with special armaments. The Chinese version is just 75 Euros in 48th scale...

So, You all guessing where I am going...

GWH pricing is way off, 1/72 scale vs 48th scale almost the same 10 Euros.

New tool 72nd scale Mig-29 by GWH is really welcome, but the price should be equivalent to Fine Molds 1/72 scale Phantom  

Over.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Missick said:

Well,  to be honest I got myself to similar  conclusion because I constantly changing the scale. Yes, I DO that 😆...Due to the new kits every month from various brands I am constantly struggling to finish wip projects 😫 ...and I buy new kits no matter what scale they are. I can't help myself. 

Back to this subject!! 1/48 scalw GWH Mig-29 costs 75 Euros in my local hobby shop, 9-12, special 9-13 is 80 Euros and the New Ukraine limited edition 1/48 GWH Mig-29 is 84 Euros!!!

So 72nd scale Mig 29 kit for 75 Euros as You saying is a lot! So small  (beautiful)...End* of story on my part. (* I will buy one for sure). 😆 

The same problem is with beautiful 1/72 GWH Su-35... 66 Euros! It's ok, I saying to myself big plane wow bla bla and bla...

but I found the 48th scale GWH Su-35 for 80 Euros... the better boxing with special armaments. The Chinese version is just 75 Euros in 48th scale...

New tool 72nd scale Mig-29 by GWH is really welcome, but the price should be equivalent to Fine Molds 1/72 scale Phantom  

Over.

Agreed. The cheapest I ever saw a GWH 72nd Su-35 was 47 Euro + shipping and that was during a Black Friday sale! It is ridiculous, when you think about other manufacturers offering modern tooled 72nd scale kits for 20-30 Euros, some even have masks and PE included.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Missick said:

Over.

It does seem expensive but the problem is with the cost of everything being higher now that means that the newer kits are costing more for them to produce. I'll wait till the kit arrives to see what the price is and if it's worth it.

On 12/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, MiG-Mech said:

I already saw cheaper on eBay (65 €) and for 45€ + shipping charges in an italian online shop.

So we simply need to wait for them in "local" shops.

Can I ask which Italian shop ? Being based in Italy, €45, while steep for a 1/72 aircraft of that size, is money I may decide to spend on a kit if it's as good as it seems to be.

19 hours ago, Missick said:

My thoughts exactly. ;) 

I bought GWH's first boxing of the Su-35S for 50€, and the updated 1/72 F-15E Strike Eagle for 30€ (plus shipping, of course), and I'm quite pleased with the quality. But, again IMHO, it's a bit too much in this particular case.

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Can I ask which Italian shop ? Being based in Italy, €45, while steep for a 1/72 aircraft of that size, is money I may decide to spend on a kit if it's as good as it seems to be.

I think MiG-Mech was perhaps talking about this one, Giorgio:  https://www.steelmodels.com/en/home/pre-order/great-wall-hobby-1-72-mig-29-9-12-late-type-fulcrum.2.119.838.gp.59143.uw

Edited by CharlieGolf2009
  • Thanks 1