Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hoops

Members
  • Content Count

    82
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

69 Good

About Hoops

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

270 profile views
  1. Caracal is supposed to be releasing their 1/48 scale FB-111A sheet in 1/72 eventually as well. Cheers, Hoops
  2. Those pods look like the MCARS that was fielded on the MC-130s for a while in the early 2000s. The crews disliked them as they had a whole lot more drag than the traditional pods (as was relayed to me by a pilot). Cheers, Hoops
  3. Open the link and look at the pictures of the actual kit. The ones seen in this thread above are of a 3D printed verification, not even close to being representative of the kit. If you look at the linked sprue shots, they are on par with the F-15 kits. Hoops.
  4. Neat BLM OV-10 seen in the lower corner of one of the pictures as well! Hoops
  5. Very nice build! Cheers and congratulations! Hoops
  6. I lightened the colors inside the panels on the top and bottom and did some light staining with Tamiya Smoke. A clear coat was applied with Future Floor Wax, and it is now ready for decals. For now I'll just be adding stencils. 20190518_151043 by J Hooper, on Flickr 20190518_151011 by J Hooper, on Flickr Thanks for looking, Hoops
  7. This photo, perhaps? https://www.airliners.net/photo/Sweden-Air-Force/Saab-JA37D-Viggen/377751/L A great one to be sure!
  8. I'll be using the Tarangus Kit stencils as they are pretty good, but that's it. Anders Nowotny did this sheet on an ALPS printer for his Red Bold line way back when. It does not include the mustang logo on the bottom or the sides as initially the actual aircraft didn't have them either. I've heard there was a later second addendum sheet that included these elements, but I've never actually seen it. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/red-bolt-decals-ano-720116-saab-37-jaktviggen--209090 Nothing yet, but I do have hopes we'll see aftermarket decals for this aircraft. Maybe in the fall, good thing I build slow.
  9. Paint progress, here is a photo with the chevrons masked off before applying the top camouflage pattern: 20190515_175703[1] by J Hooper, on Flickr And some updated photos after the basic painting and clean up is complete: 20190517_111846[1] by J Hooper, on Flickr 20190517_111914[1] by J Hooper, on Flickr 20190517_111859[1] by J Hooper, on Flickr It needs some touch up and detail painting still, then a bit of weathering and a clearcoat before starting with decals. Thanks for looking! Cheers, Hoops
  10. It absolutely is right now, but I think that there may be some things that the GWH will do better when released. Cheers, Hoops
  11. I'm not familiar with either one of those kits, but I wouldn't be surprised. Cheers, Hoops
  12. In 1/72 aircraft the Academy A-10 is very strongly "inspired" by the Hasegawa kit to say the least. It does add recessed panel lines though. Same goes for the OV-10. Hoops
  13. Primed now with Badger Stynylrez black: 20190421_152645 by J Hooper, on Flickr The plan is to shoot the very dark grey of the chevrons, mask and paint the camouflage colors. Cheers for now! Hoops
  14. 20190421_143526 by J Hooper, on Flickr The fit of the air brakes on the fuselage sides was not very good, and I used sheet styrene and putty to fill. The fuselage vents also needed a bit help. I added the the "fingers" and vortex generators on the exhaust sides as well as thinning the aft edge of the cutouts. Short pieces of wire were added to the drop tank to strengthen the attachment to the bottom of the gun fairing. As molded they don't mate too well, so I sanded the "lugs" off the top of the tank and it works much better now. The bit of filler required between the fore and aft fuselage section is my fault. I was sanding the edge of the spacer to match the forward fuselage, and accidently wound up tapering the aft edges a bit. As a result the two halves didn't wind up matching once assembled. There were a couple of small sink marks on the top of the flaps, but nothing bad. Quickly fixed with a bit of filler.
×
×
  • Create New...