1/48 Typhoon 1b Hasegawa/Italeri

GRK

What an absolute BEAST of an aeroplane!  Imagine the equivalent of a 6-inch cruiser broadside bearing down on you in anger from above some country road in Falaise...

I really appreciate the detail, especially the rocket arming leads hanging down as a safety precaution waiting for the Erks to connect them before the next sortie.

2 hours ago, Shark444 said:

What an absolute BEAST of an aeroplane!  Imagine the equivalent of a 6-inch cruiser broadside bearing down on you in anger from above some country road in Falaise...

I really appreciate the detail, especially the rocket arming leads hanging down as a safety precaution waiting for the Erks to connect them before the next sortie.

And then imagine a whole squadron of them peeling off- Yes it must have been terrifying. 

Thanks for the kind words and glad you like it!

@GRK,

First off, that is a magnificent Tiffie! Secondly- the hairspray effect I see in your first posted photo looks very realistic; you can see 'spatters' like that in many period photos, and if you took the same RFI photos in b&w of your model, they would be hard to tell from a  photo of the real thing. The Typhoon was a magnificent beast and is not given nearly the recognition I think it deserved, especially the 2nd TAF aircraft, for what it did on the continent in support of the ground troops. A shame that more airplanes and airmen were lost due to the temperamental Napier Sabre than to enemy action. Need to do a  Tempest Mk V to go with this outstanding model! 👍

Mike

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

the hairspray effect I see in your first posted photo looks very realistic;

Thanks!  So that first photo was of the reaction between the MRP and the hairspray and not the actual chipping effect. I had the same thought that it would look quite good as a mottled effect if it could be toned down slightly. It was strange as it reacted to the grey more than the green so it was difficult to achieve a uniform effect. As for the Tempest, I am tempted although I generally prefer early war stuff and made an exception for the Typhoon. Malta Spit and then a Lagg-3 up next. 

• Like 1