Boeing B-17G - 43-37993 "Mah Ideel" 324th BS, 91st BG

Rod The Fixer

Rod, I was a bit concerned  when I saw "early 1945", that the subject wouldn't fit the timeline, fortunately a quick Google reveals that it did indeed survive the war so it's eligible for the GB.

Welcome to the GB and good luck with your build.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DeFi-Nitely fantastic Mah Ideel on its way :thumbsup:. Those etch sets really improve the rather basic, but correct, Airfix kit. Thank you for showing us how much they improve it, too, as plenty of us modellers show the aftermarket they buy but few show what they do with it :winkgrin:. Personally I hate etch and am completely incompatible with it but I admire those that know how to use it!

V-P

Edit P.S. Which machine gun barrel set did you use? It was not a "roll your own" etch, wasn´t it? Those Airfix Legoish barrels really need a change!

On 9/15/2020 at 7:55 AM, vppelt68 said:

DeFi-Nitely fantastic Mah Ideel on its way :thumbsup:. Those etch sets really improve the rather basic, but correct, Airfix kit. Thank you for showing us how much they improve it, too, as plenty of us modellers show the aftermarket they buy but few show what they do with it :winkgrin:. Personally I hate etch and am completely incompatible with it but I admire those that know how to use it!

V-P

Edit P.S. Which machine gun barrel set did you use? It was not a "roll your own" etch, wasn´t it? Those Airfix Legoish barrels really need a change!

I used for the base, eduard brassin and Master for the Barrels

• Thanks 1