Airfix 1/72 Martin B-26 Marauder

Hard to believe that's the old Airfix kit!

The paint chipping and general wear & tear is perfect.

I have the Hasegawa kit in my stash, though I'm still not sure I could make it turn out as well as your build! 🤔

👍👍

• 8 months later...

Gorgeous build but I have to say it makes sense that it is ten years old. I am currently working on one and I am not at all impressed. Practically every part is covered in flash, and nearly every single one of the major parts is poorly fitted. I even had to sand the clear plastic rotating turret to get the machine guns to fit in them. I had to cut the gunners boot off, and the cupola on the front doesn't fit between the two halves

41 minutes ago, Speedbird 48 said:

Gorgeous build but I have to say it makes sense that it is ten years old. I am currently working on one and I am not at all impressed. Practically every part is covered in flash, and nearly every single one of the major parts is poorly fitted. I even had to sand the clear plastic rotating turret to get the machine guns to fit in them. I had to cut the gunners boot off, and the cupola on the front doesn't fit between the two halves

The moulds for that kit are getting on for half a century old, so if you’ve got a recent boxing I’m not surprised that there is some flash and a poorer than expected fit.  I’ve recently acquired an original 1974(?) boxing and flash is conspicuous by its almost total absence.  I haven’t got it out of the bag yet to check for fit but, if it’s anything like the example I acquired a few years ago, the main area where I expect problems is the joint between engine nacelles and lower wing surface, rather like the 1/48th Revell/Monogram kit.  Obviously the state of the art has moved on but in its early days this was a very good kit and still builds up well with some not unenjoyable work and a modicum of aftermarket goodies.

I built this kit when it first came on sale in the early 1970s ,builtbit many times since then,i like it that much .You have made a fantastic job she looks brilliant, well done