Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Cherny

Members
  • Content Count

    25
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

240 Excellent

About Cherny

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 03/06/1975

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Serbia

Recent Profile Visitors

673 profile views
  1. Thank you guys for the kind words. Some in progress pics can be found on MK forum, text is in Serbian, but I'm sure Google Translate can help: https://www.maketarskikutak.com/index.php/topic,25054.0.html
  2. Thank you very much for the info, edited the topic.
  3. Started in march, in the beggining of Corona lockdown. Heavily modified, all improvements were inspired by excellent article by Carmel J. Attard at Seawings. In short, I completely reworked the engines and cowlings, rescribed the entire model, opened the cockpit and scratch built the interior, scratch built turret and dome, reworked the nose glazing, scratch built the entire beaching gear. All gun barrels were replaced by medical needles. I also scratched the pitot tubes and fuel dump pipes. Painted with Gunze RLM65 and Extra dark Sea Gray. Finished with AK Satin varnish. Stars are from spares, and the large number is from kit decals. All in all, I'm pleased with the result, it's not Trumpeter, but it's good enough for me.
  4. She is a beauty! I have one in the stash, this is the perfect reference
  5. Thank you guys for the kind words. It's not so shiny in real life, but anyway I don't like dead matt finish, it tends to kill the "metal feel" of the airframe surface for me. The nose weight is basically one massive piece of lead placed on the back of the cockpit firewall.
  6. Finally finished, after more than 10 years. In short, old Airfix Marauder, completely rescribed and riveted, with addition of QB guns, True Details wheels, resin engines and props from Academy P-47. I also added wing lights and small position lights on the rear fuselage and horizontal stabs. Painted with Model Master Olive Drab, then post shaded with Gunze OD. Gunze neutral gray on the bottom, shaded slightly with Tamiya Smoke. Decals from Hasegawa Marauder. Weathered with combination of sponge, Tamiya Smoke and Tamiya D set. Chipped with sponge, silver pencil and MM Aluminium applied by fine brush. After that, I added and overall thin layer of Tamiya smoke, to even the finish. Finally, treated with Tamiya semi gloss varnish, and is much less shiny in reality than in the photos. I always liked these worn out Marauders, they seem to be more faded and chipped than any other ETO aircraft. Here are the photos:
  7. Another of my recent 1/72 builds, this time it's old LS Nell. Built basically OOB, with some additions in the cockpit. Painted with spray can silver and Gunze red and black. Wash is Tamiya. Thanks for looking, comments are welcome, as always.
  8. Hi guys, another one of my models. Finished some time ago, OOB. Colors are Gunze acrylics, decals from the box, a few things added in the cockpit. I simply love the Airfix Mosquito, somehow it looks just right to my eye. Thanks for looking, comments are always welcome!
  9. Thanks Mike, around six-pack per prop was enough
  10. Hi guys, another one from me. Completely rescribed, interior completely upgraded, but you can't see it from the photos, exhausts came from Revell, props are reshaped and thinned, gun barrels are Quickboost. Paints are Gunze, exhaust stains and wash Tamiya.
  11. Hello everybody, here is my try at Hasegawa P-51C. Built almost OOB, with addition of Quickboost exhausts. Painted with Gunze Aluminium and Red, wash is Tamiya, and exhaust stains and dirt a combination of Tamiya smoke and Tamiya D weathering set. Decals are combination of Revell (national insignia, yellow bands and stencils) and Tally Ho. Tally Ho decals acted terribly, resisting every attempt to get them from backing paper. Thanks for looking!
  12. Yes, i corrected it by gluing styrene sheet cut to wing airfoil shape on the upper part of wing to fuselage mating surface, than carefully sanding it to fit. Some putty was required, but not much.
  13. Thanks guys, more heavies coming soon.
  14. Fantastic! I'm still making my mind up on choosing between Airfix and Revell, this one makes Airfix prevail...
  15. Hey guys, here's my try at Academy Fortress. Almost OOB, with exception of QB gun barrels and scratchbuilt landing lights. Markings are from Revell, since i always wanted to do "Shamrock", with it's replacement tail, it makes otherwise dull overall Olive Drab looks interesting. I preshaded the model with Gunze Tire black, and then gradually painted OD in about a dozen thin layers. I used Gunze OD and faded OD, and repainting of markings is done with MM OD. Wash is Tamiya, weathering done with Tamiya Smoke + Tamiya D set. Sligh chipping is done using artist silver pencil. Comments are welcome, thanks for looking!
×
×
  • Create New...